The CEJ Stamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The CEJ Stamp

The CEJ stamp was only used a few months in 1936 on 1st pattern Luftwaffe badges that is why you only see very few badges that are of the that 1st pattern series with this hallmark. Did they use the same stamp for Spanish Crosses by Juncker ??? The answer is { YES } on their presentation awards of the Spanish Cross. At { NO } other time do you see this hallmark!! This is a major indicator that the the hallmark is a fake if its bigger and not a Original made Juncker!!!

Evidence would suggest otherwise. 1935-1936. I agree with this...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...56&postcount=9

Comment

One is a Luftwaffe Observer badge, the other an unquestionable bronze CEJ Spain Cross. Neither is fake. Don't confused by the J on the one on the right. It's not part of the MM it's a dent in the cross.
      Attached Files

Comment

What about this CEJ? It's on the reverse of a LW Civilian Employee lapel pin.
        Attached Files

Comment

Brian S

You have nice photos to prove me wrong. You might want to add that both photos are not the exact same distance apart to the badge and can change the size of the hallmark. The other hallmark is of a civilian badge not military but its interesting to see the Juncker factory had a different one for civilians.

The point I want to make is that the hallmark was not a square box on 1st pattern flight badges and NOT a square box on Spanish Crosses.

The size and shape of the box does not change to win arguments.

Comment

I'm just not sure what your argument is? Neither one is grossly lager than the other. Two different stamps so they might be a tiny fraction of a mm different from one another but not visibly so. I would evaluate the badge and not the mm on a CEJ badge unless it's a known fake CEJ stamp which immediately gives it away. There is a thread somewhere here that shows I think 9 different CEJ stamps on authentic badges but I could be wrong on the exact number but more than 6.

Comment

Brian S

Brian You are right about the size of the box and I do see a difference in lettering .When I check a Spanish Cross { most fakes } stand out and are more of a square box. They also have just the CEJ stamp on them if they are in silver but some have the 900 stamp.

I am trying to tell new collectors what to look for in viewing a Spanish Cross in Silver by this maker.

M.C. INC. has a fake for $2,600 and hasn't even taken it off his site. A nice square box. A lot of money for a bad badge.

Comment

Hey cej,

I understand the need to unmask fakes. I approve. However why calling out a name of a forum member in a thread title? That won't help your cause of exposing a fake maker mark.... Beter get your evidince lined up with pics and all...

Best regards,
                Michel

Comment

Originally posted by cej View Post
                  I am trying to tell new collectors what to look for in viewing a Spanish Cross in Silver by this maker.

M.C. INC. has a fake for $2,600 and hasn't even taken it off his site. A nice square box. A lot of money for a bad badge.
                  Would take me 2 seconds to spot a good Juncker CEJ/L12.

Who is M.C. Inc. ???

Comment

Brian S

Militarycollectiblesinc has a CEJ silver Spanish Cross. I'm surprised you didn't know this web site. I need you comment about his CEJ Silver Spanish Cross. His prices are 20 years ahead of every other site Ha Ha !!!

Comment

OK, I have had problems with photos on his page before, asked for more, and gotten the same photos in an email. From what I can see, it looks OK, but I wouldn't buy it without the photos I'd want so I could be sure. And IF OK, the price is fine. Where else can you find a mini SK in Bronze for $795... Gave up on his site years ago, and what the heck, they'll all be at the SOS this year, next year, the year after, the year after that...

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S View Post
                        OK, I have had problems with photos on his page before, asked for more, and gotten the same photos in an email. From what I can see, it looks OK, but I wouldn't buy it without the photos I'd want so I could be sure. And IF OK, the price is fine. Where else can you find a mini SK in Bronze for $795... Gave up on his site years ago, and what the heck, they'll all be at the SOS this year, next year, the year after, the year after that...
                        Yes, for sure !

Comment

2800 is ok for a genuine cej. But he is not famous for selling at market price so i am suspicious. But at a distance it appears possible.

Comment

Brian S

Juncker had a problem with their swasticas being perfect in silver and how many have you seen without that flaw. I have never seen a presentation piece in silver that did not carry the 900 content mark ? I have never seen a Spanish Cross in real silver not marked. I'm not saying its not real but I'm not saying its a Juncker either.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S View Post
                              One is a Luftwaffe Observer badge, the other an unquestionable bronze CEJ Spain Cross. Neither is fake. Don't confused by the J on the one on the right. It's not part of the MM it's a dent in the cross.
                              Brian,

As you know the authenticy of the CEJ stamp you show on the right (see post #3) is now being questioned as are the Spanish Crosses in Bronze upon which it is found. See here:http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=744455

Stan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X