Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djpool View Post
    Eagle looks familiar.
    Funny though, I don't see a seam running through the center of the front of the hat on Dietrich. The skull is different as well, but I am unfamiliar with these things.

Dave

Comment

May be Sepp want to use this cap to remind his" old day" eagle.
      Attached Files

Comment

Perhaps they have just put something into the cap to "keep it up" and just made it sloppy. Perhaps the shape of the cap is OK if you remove the stuff inside? I don´t think that the eagle is the problem.
        Does anyone here (at the WAF) have the possibility to make a vistit and take some more photos? And of the inside, too.

Comment

Its a different hat, but the same eagle. The skull is not impossible either, but I would wonder if Sepp would be going for the earlier eagle, he went for the best of everything else. It was the eagle that interested me and there it is in the shot, a really interesting thread.

Comment

There are many pics of him wearing this hat.

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
              Maybe, maybe......I'd be glad to be mistaken, as it would once again show that 'textbook' doesn't always hold true.
              In my opinion, that is not the same hat.
              But he could and most likely had have more then one hat.

Comment

Eagles

Not the greatest comparison because of angles; but maybe will help a bit:
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
                  Does anyone here (at the WAF) have the possibility to make a vistit and take some more photos? And of the inside, too.
                  Here were the pictures I was able to manage during my visit. I tried to meet with the curator on that day, but, he was out. I did manage to take a lot of other pictures, including the pea pattern tunic mention in post #14, and a number of angles of the Göring's Baton posted earlier...

Eric
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                    There are many pics of him wearing this hat.
                    Hi Tom

May you please show it? I'm with the others, same type of eagle but not the same hat (for me the eagle on the period pic is not an early one like on our actual specimen).

KR
                    Eric

Comment

Sepp

Jim,

Thanks for posting, a few more

MIKE
                      Attached Files

Comment

Mr. Maerz's WP thread also provides some good photos( see attached) of these 2x Dietrich's documents.
                        Thanks Jim and Michael providing additional updated photos.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Couple more of the cap I took yesterday.
                          Attached Files
                          Best regards,
                          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Attached Files
                            Best regards,
                            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Is it possible, that the cap was badly stored, the cap was deformed and that someone tried to "reshape" it – and failed? IMO the shape of the cap is horrible. That the band is green instead of black, doesn´t bother me to much, because in some photos it looks as if Dietrich soemtimes wore a cap with a band lighter than black.

Comment

Eagle

Another period pic; bit tough to see detail though.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X