Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK II Klein & Quenzer

Hi, everybody!
    This is a Klein & Quenzer EK II, i think it is original but i I would like your opinion.
    Thanks.

Yes, it is an original K&Q EKII. The ring is marked '65' for K&Q. Nice packet as well.

Robert

Comment

A nice set indeed !

Douglas

Comment

Thanks a lot, Robert and Douglas

Comment

Yes, nice original set ! Tom

Comment

A very nice set and Welcome to the Forum and to WAF as well.

Comment

I just checked my packet...it's identical to yours ! I've had it for 40 years.

Comment

Tom and Tony,
                I am very grateful to you.

Comment

Hi guys how do I identify other EKIIs from Klein & Quenzer? What are features i should look at specifically from this maker to identify unmarked EKIIs?

Comment

Every maker has their own unique frame/beading design, and core design. And to break it down further most have multiple core designs through the evolution of their products, and even multiple frame designs. The way I personally became familiar with the many makers was to actually collect their products and then photograph each individually; the images then became imprinted into my brain.

Comment

A nice marked K&Q. I have got a set identical to yours. K&Q crosses are my favourite, together with Deschler and Deumer. Congrats!

Comment

Here's an early unmarked K&Q example I currently hold in my collection. Note the differences in the detailing of the date and the national symbol...

Robert

Your cross first:
                        Attached Files

Comment

The latest chart that shows all the cores by date features found in EK1 & 2s .
                          Core type 1 is the only type where the 3 is not upright but leans a bit to the left .
                          The same core type 1 in an EK1 and EK2 .

Douglas
                          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X