Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cased EK2

Hi all

I have purchased this cased EK2 from Helmut Weitze and would like to know what you all think.

As usual I would rather be more safe than sorry, this is the very reason for posting all and anything that i am interested in.

The forum is a godsend for new collectors whom are learning and experiencing this awsome field.

So as usual please tell me what you all think, especially about the case, is it a period piece, and is the cased matched to the EK2.

Regards.

Trent
    Attached Files

No2
    Attached Files

Comment

No3
      Attached Files

Comment

No4
        Attached Files

Comment

Just my TCW

Hello,
          In my opinion, the case and this cross did not start life together. the recess in no way compliments the shape of the cross, allowing it to rest flush to semi-flush. One would expect to see a horizontal recess above the cross or a fastening device in the lid to retain the ribbon. Additionally, I would like to see rounded inner "corners" in the bottom inner portion of the base. I hope I'm wrong-but...?
          Originally posted by nellyp51
          No4

Comment

Absolutely fine case IMO, this type case never had fastening clasps or ribbon recesses, those feature belonged in the RK type case as shown here on another thread.

Comment

I'm with Harry. This is a fairly common (if expensive) case variation for the EK 2. I'd say it's a desirable combination. It's not often that you see an "L/54" marked EK 2 with a matching "L/54" marked case.

Here's another example of this type of case.
              Attached Files
              George

Comment

Hi Trent,

That's a nice looking LDO cased set. No worries imo - price dependet of course!

Regards
                Mike K
                Regards
                Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Gents

Thank you for all your opinions on this one, I have been looking for a while for a nice cased example.

Mike my collection is slowly coming along, I look forward to coming down and setting it up for you, my silver bomber clasp and Assman breast eagle arrived yesterday, so I am looking forward to arriving home on Monday and unwrapping them both.

"I love when my little parcles arrive in the mail".

Maybe the cased German Cross will be next.

Again cheers for the input and advice gents.

Comment

Case

Hello,

no doubt about it, the case and the cross are fine and out of time. I had acouple of this case and the ribbon was mostly as shown on the other picture.

When the awarded got this case, the ribbon was fixed with some (like) Tesa strips. To take out the ribbon, the strips must be removed. That's why it is missed mostly. If you like to see one with the case, send me a mail and I will send you the opic from it (I have no idea how to place pics here).

jeep256@t-online.de

Kind regards from Germany

Walter

Comment

Walter

Sounds good I have sent you an email with my address.

Regards.

Trent

Comment

I have no problems with the case or the EK2, a rare maker mark for an EK2 by the way.

Comment

Cheers for the comments Des, hope all is well.

Comment

Very very nice Trent

Allan
                            Looking for information on RKT KARL HUBER
                            Stoßtruppführer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Comment

Pic

Hello Trent,

the pic is on the way to you. maybe you are able to post it here.

It was apleasure to help.

Kind regards

Walter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X