What the.....!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the.....!!!!

I thought I'd seen a lot of 'interesting' objects and combinations but this one is something else!!!!

A severly flawed S&L with Oaks and Swords marked with L 12......

Let's have some commentary on this!
    Last edited by Dave Kane; 11-07-2004, 09:18 PM.
    Regards,
    Dave

Last edited by Dave Kane; 11-07-2004, 09:19 PM.
    Regards,
    Dave

Comment

Last edited by Dave Kane; 11-07-2004, 09:19 PM.
      Regards,
      Dave

Comment

This is how a "800" L 12 Oaks with Swords should look, regarding to Detlev. I cannot see any resemblance to the one from Mr. Weitze.

So do we have a new variant of the swords?? Not to speak of the really heavily flawed S&L. But the combination of one good and one bad does not make both good or both bad, I guess.

Dietrich
        Last edited by Dietrich; 11-07-2004, 09:11 PM.
        B&D PUBLISHING
        Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

This stuff get more ridiculous daily!!!! Soon we will see the rare 'varient' a SPECKLED dated RK
          Regards,
          Dave

Comment

Yes I saw this one too. Notice it is listed with a price of $0, I wonder if he is giving it away!

Comment

Here is top half of page 234 from H. Geissler's book "Das Eiserne Kreuz". It clearly seems to show the same L 12 as the one featured on Mr. Weitze's site. The description is also the same, most importantly the 'raised' L 12. He say that this one is a so called "Vorlagestueck" (reference piece), is made of tombak with silver coating and was destined for private sales. He also states that he thinks thoses pieces are very rare.

Now we have definetely two pieces from Juncker for the swords and the question comes up immidiately: Why?

Juncker was not elected to be the sole supplier (which was of course Godet) and why would or did Juncker come up with TWO dies for an award, it was not allowed to sell and even if, a possible total number of 200-300 swords, might really not warrant two dies.

But it seems that the piece at Weitzes site is legitimate after all.

Dietrich
              Last edited by Dietrich; 11-07-2004, 09:11 PM.
              B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Dietrich...are they the same? The loop is completely different and crude in appearance not to mention the 'straight cuts' in the outer portions of the leaves...almost like a hacksaw cut.

Also, the top (1oc) leaves seem very pronounced again unlike the set featured in 'Das Eiserne Kreuz'.

maybe one of your great 'layovers' could bring these apparent differences out!!
                Regards,
                Dave

Comment

Dave,

I have to honestly admitt that I didn't venture into doing a very close comparison since I said to myself: Why would somebody fake a raised L 12? So I'm giving Mr. Weitze the benefit of the doubt. If his is not the same as the one in Geissler's book, that realy would be something!

But see for yourselve. Beware, the Geissler picture is slightly tilted, not straight on.

Dietrich
                  Last edited by Dietrich; 11-07-2004, 09:12 PM.
                  B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

... and the reverse
                    Last edited by Dietrich; 11-07-2004, 09:12 PM.
                    B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Thanks Dietrich!!! There are half a dozen 'visuals' that are different and even considering hand finishing etc. I believe they are from different dies....

So, will the real L 12 Oaks/swords please come forward!!!
                      Regards,
                      Dave

Comment

Thoughts?
                        Last edited by Dave Kane; 12-17-2006, 01:53 PM.
                        Regards,
                        Dave

Comment

Okay, so we have three different L 12 now! So what!

Dietrich
                          B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Really very disappointing.....The almighty $$$ and the gullible collector!
                            Regards,
                            Dave

Comment

Well im not in to this but i dont think they did use more than one mold for those.
                              And what off those are orginal???

Mikael

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X