Best repos to buy from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best repos to buy from?

Just wondering what the consensus is to whom produces some of the best repos on the market?

I doubt you would get consensus about such a thing here. Most would say yuck to any repros as they cause terrible trouble. I have a few and have tried to buy reasonable ones of the items I will never own unless I get very rich.

You have to shop around at all the different reenactment sites and places that advertise their wears as repros. These will be much cheaper than sites that advertise their wears as the real deal. ioffer and ebay can be dangerous for this.
    Estand is a good place for repros that have been fillers before and are being passed on as such. Collecting Souval copies is a good way to do this as they are collectable in their own right and are usually easily identifiable as Souvals.

I've switched pretty much to buying 57ers and less expensive TR items as I would rather real items that fall within the era rather than repros, but that's me.
    Having said that I just bought a very nice PAB repro from a member here that fills a spot until the day I might be able to afford a good one.

Comment

Try Reddick Military. And some dealers also post repro's. like Blackcross Mil. Tom

Comment

Or get them from where the dealers get them http://www.unionmilitaria.com
        John

Comment

I do appreciate that the website is for original militaria. Unfortunately I don't quite have the funds to get the enjoyment out of collecting real things. Hence the repos. I understand that some people try to pass them off as the real things but I only ask from a collecting stand point.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X