MilitaryStockholm

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opening the mystery box: Rettenmaier, maker of the EK II clasp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening the mystery box: Rettenmaier, maker of the EK II clasp.

Hi guys

As a next part of this thread I would like to show you an other new discovery.

On the order sheet of Rettenmaier is was clearly possible to order the ek2 wiederholungspange as well. Until this hoard find however I had never heard of such spange and would think they never had an own design, produced any or what so ever.

Well, I was proven different. Amoungst the hoard find there were several cased ek2 clasps to be found. All were cased in small baby blue LDO cases marked L/59. I was able to purchase one of them. Spanges themselves are unmarked.

Giel
    Attached Files
    Kind regards,
    Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

The spange
    Attached Files
    Kind regards,
    Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

amazing discovery!
      thanks so much for sharing all this

almost identical to what we call the classic floch fake!
      I gotta sit back and assimilate!
      regards
      jon

Comment

More cool stuff

I'm stupid jealous right now.

When are you going to let us get a crack at these?

Comment

Originally posted by kenneth wolfe View Post

When are you going to let us get a crack at these?
          Not
          Kind regards,
          Giel

Comment

Very interesting Giel!

Thanks for sharing.

Of course this Spange design has been known to us for decades. As Jon Tinmantis can attest, I have believed this one was authentic for a few years.

Granted, there are good fakes marked L/4. But these don't stand comparison with the pieces I consider to be possibly good ones. I have a theory about these Spangen, which I will try to articulate some time soon.

For one thing, we also see this design on the Petz & Lorenz catalogue. It is also known in buntmetall, although I can't say that this particular example (below) is authentic. Next to the P&L catalogue photo:
            Attached Files
            Best regards,
            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Hi Giel

Very very interesting threads you have posted regarding the Rettenmaeir

I have tried to make a picture, where the 3 spange shown here are compared.

What do you all think?

/Flemming
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Flemming; 11-14-2013, 11:49 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Interesting indeed, do you busy also have a reverse pictures of the tombak spange?
                Kind regards,
                Giel

Comment

Originally posted by Giel VW View Post
                  Interesting indeed, do you busy also have a reverse pictures of the tombak spange?
                  Hi Giel,

I have to post reverse photos later this evening.

It's marked "21" and came to me in an authentic Gebrüder Godet Packet.

As you probably know:
                  • Gebr. Godet did not manufacture many of their own awards (if any);
                  • Gebr. Godet did offer an EK2 Spange.
                  Attached Files
                  Best regards,
                  Streptile

Comment

Giel,

Could you please show a very large scan of the wreath and datebox pebbling of your zinc Spange? I will try to do the same with mine later.

Thank you.
                    Best regards,
                    Streptile

Comment

They are close in apperance, but in my opinion not the same.
                      I can see some features which is not the same on both. And which can't be explained by the finishing process.
                      F.ex. the edge where the chefstolen become the Beck. On Giels Zinck Spange the edge is almost horisontal, and on the other it is angeled.

And I know it is difficult to see the pebbling, but I Think I can see some distinct pattern that is not the same on both.

But I am looking forward to better and more clear pictures.

I hope this make sense.

/Flemming

Comment

Right. I don't think anyone's claimed they are from the same dies, just the same design (and the same design as in the P&L catalogue) -- which is obviously true.

Better photos are needed to discuss whether the actual dies are the same.
                        Best regards,
                        Streptile

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                          Right. I don't think anyone's claimed they are from the same dies, just the same design (and the same design as in the P&L catalogue) -- which is obviously true.

I didn't say so, or atleast that was not my intent.
                          I was just posting my thoughts. I thought that they might be same, but when I made a Picture (using those already posted), I could se the diffenrences between them.

And yes, better Pictures would be great.

/Flemming
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Flemming View Post
                            They are close in apperance, but in my opinion not the same.
                            Originally posted by Flemming View Post
                            I didn't say so, or atleast that was not my intent.
                            Hi Flemming,

If you weren't saying that the dies were different then I'm not sure I understood your first comment, since the designs are very obviously the same on all three Spangen (Giel's, mine, drawing).

Anyway here is mine with Packet (which is without question authentic but might not go with the Spange):
                            Attached Files
                            Best regards,
                            Streptile

Comment

Hi Flemming,

If you weren't saying that the dies were different then I'm not sure I understood your first comment, since the designs are very obviously the same on all three Spangen (Giel's, mine, drawing).

Anyway here is mine with Packet (which is without question authentic but might not go with the Spange):
                              Yes, I said that the Spange shown in this thread were from different dies.
                              But I was referring to your post:

I read that as you are saying, that I was saying that someone claimed that the Spange shown in this thread were fromt he same die. Which they, in my opinion, are not. 3 Spange, from 3 different dies, but with the same design.

I am sorry I can't explain it better then this. English is not my 1st language.

/Flemming

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 13 users online. 0 members and 13 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X