Boxed EK 1 and 2 Spanges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxed EK 1 and 2 Spanges

Are these sets legit? I saw one on a known repro site, being sold as a repo. This one on the other hand I think is being offered as genuine. Are they the real thing?

http://www.derrittmeister.com/09398.htm

Sets like this are legit, they are very rare and were for very high ranking officers.

Is this set real, well I can give an opinion on the box. I think it is fake, for just a start observe this little finding. Each corner of the box inner is at right angle's proper, the genuine examples that I'm aware of ALL have rounded inner corners.

Catches do differ, but this trait no........that is until someone tell's me differently of course

Oh and the lid liner dosen't look like silk, and why is the white band around the base so dirty.......I bet they don't glow under the blacklight !!!

Over to the experts on this one.

Kr

Marcus

Comment

I thought these sets were early in the war. Shouldn't they then be the 1st pattern spanges?
      Don
      pseudo-expert

Comment

The Ek1 spange has the Deumer reverse setup but certainly isn't by them, also there is no point to the pin, I would leave well alone.

Comment

on manions

Comment

This one looks more convincing the real ones are covered in red leather not leatherette paper covering.

At least on this one you can see the stitching marks around the rim of the box. The unsightly dark coloured lines of what look like ant's.

It's got it's rounded inner corners at least , I guess some fakes do too (is this one ? I don't know)

I don't know how many variations in outer covering on these there are but if I was to judge this against a couple of known genuine ones the outer covering is very much different on this example.

This sort of thing is out of my league !!!

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X