Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waechtler & Lange mm100 EK2 distinguisihning features

Howdy,

Long story short..some of you read and responded to thread of mine on a EK2 mm16 I bought that ended up being fake. I an going to bring it back to the dealer this weekend and try to unload it back to him. (In his defence I have bought some other good items off him and I think it is really more lack of knowledge than deception on his part of selling a repro) What I am trying to get at is that he had a couple other crosses when I was there last weekend, one of them being a mm100.

So before I ended up buying another fake without really knowing it I was hoping you guys could give me some tips on what I should be looking at in that maker. I have looked at a few threads with pictures, but at this point so many of them all look the same to me. Could you guys point out things that are specific to this maker that I should look for to help determine it's authenticity.

Thanks in advance!

Greg

Here you go. The 100 EK2 should have a hump on top of the frame. The 1813 date should sit low, close to the frame. The coils ((((( at the right inner, top corner, should show a small error.
    Attached Files

Comment

And you find more here http://69.57.156.87/~admin1/forums/s...&highlight=100

Comment

Thank you very much Peter! You have been very helpfully to me in our discussions and I really appreciate the help.

Comment

Sad point to mention here -

Spoke with the dealer this morning and he will not take the cross back. He says that he has a strict no refund no exchange policy.

I am going to his store on the weekend to plead my case allthough I know it will fall on deaf ear.

It is with regret that I must warn my fellow collectors if they choose to do buisness with the following company they due so at their own risk and expense.

THINGS MILITARY LTD.
          #616, 3208-8 AVENUE N.E.
          CALGARY ALBERTA
          CANADA
          T2A 7V8

PHONE: (403)569-1460
          FAX: (403)569-1460
          Last edited by Greg Kubasek; 10-21-2004, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Greg Kubasek.
            Check out these dealers instead. They are safe to buy awards from:
            http://www.detlev-niemann.com
            https://www.nordheideversand.de
            http://www.germanmilitaria.com
            http://www.gdmmilitaria.com

Cheers.
            Peter

Comment

I had my first transaction with Detlev in the past week and I was really impressed. The items are beautiful and arrived in less than a week. I have looked at Kai Winklers site and the collectors guild but have not purchased from them yet.

Comment

Peter, I am going to be doing a study on my EK2 W&L's this fall/ early winter, would you mind if I used your image posted in the results post? In my work will be: weights, distinct markings, character traits, and measurements, etc... I am ammassing quite a collection of this maker and would am very interrested to see any subtle differences in crosses I have on hand. Just want to check with you first. BTW what program do you use to edit your images with?

-Shane

Originally posted by Greg Kubasek
                I had my first transaction with Detlev in the past week and I was really impressed. The items are beautiful and arrived in less than a week. I have looked at Kai Winklers site and the collectors guild but have not purchased from them yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane Bennett
                  Peter, I am going to be doing a study on my EK2 W&L's this fall/ early winter, would you mind if I used your image posted in the results post? In my work will be: weights, distinct markings, character traits, and measurements, etc... I am ammassing quite a collection of this maker and would am very interrested to see any subtle differences in crosses I have on hand. Just want to check with you first. BTW what program do you use to edit your images with?

-Shane
                  No problem at all. I use Photoshop. If you want to i could create another one and save it out as a TIFF and a bit larger. Let me know with a PM.

Cheers.
                  Peter

Comment

Peter,

How many EKs have the 1813 date low like this 100?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by h009291
                      Peter,

How many EKs have the 1813 date low like this 100?

Thanks.
                      Very few if any.

Cheers.
                      Peter

Comment

fake ones often have the numbers low

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X