Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IC 2nd class

Good day to all
    I have a IC 2nd class marked W8 or W3 can anybody tell who made them?Cross is in exc plus plus cond.I am sorry to say that I have no way to show you a pic of the cross. Thanks

Good collecting
    Dennis Johnson

Imperial?

If it's really marked w3 or w8, it's not 3rd Reich - possibly imperial Germany. They were marked exclusively with numbers, except for the very rare exception (i.e. L/11)
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Ww2 Ic 2nd C

Hi hankmeister
      I took IC to a jewler and it is marked W8.I have had this cross since 1950.My godfather brought it back with some other German medals and badges.

Good collecting
      Dennis Johnson

Comment

Hello Dennis,
        Do you happen to have a picture of it?

EDIT: Aaaargghh... stupid of me . You stated immediately on your first post that you don't have the picture.
        Sorry, somehow I didn't read that part

L

Comment

Hi Dennis....Larry is right - there are no Third Reich makers marks that use letters on EKs. You dont mention a date so we are all guessing its a 1939 but are we getting it wrong and its a 1914? If so that would be OK as WWI makers often used letters.

Comment

my bad

Hello again
            I took the cross to my friend another jewler with state of the art equip.The cross is marked WB on 1 side and a Z on the other.This is a WW2 IC 2ND C with 1939 and swas on 1 side and 1813 on the other.Both markings are on the ring.The Z on 1 side and the WB on the other side of the ring.

Good collecting
            Dennis Johnson

Comment

This doesn't look good. It might be that someone added those after to try and enhance the value!

Comment

I have had cross long time

No I dont think this has happond as I have had this cross since 1950.I would send the cross out to somebody to look at and post a pic for all to see if I knew someone I could trust that knows about IC2C.I am a helmet collector and have many badges and medals but I really dont collect them.I just pick them up when offered when I run adds for WW2 relics.

Good collecting
                Dennis Johnson

Comment

Just a thought, could it be possible that the ring from a ww1 IC2C was used on this one possibly as a replacement by the original owner for one that was lost.

Comment

Originally posted by jnoble
                    Just a thought, could it be possible that the ring from a ww1 IC2C was used on this one possibly as a replacement by the original owner for one that was lost.
                    Now that's a thought is the ring soldered or split?

Comment

I have a 1939 EK 2 with the ring marked "S-W."
                      Attached Files
                      George

Comment

You learn something new every day

Comment

The large ribbon ring is solid (soldered), but it's still possible that the ring was switched because the small ring attached to the cross itself is open -- even though it doesn't really look like it's been bent open and closed again.
                          Attached Files
                          George

Comment

Wow, look how thin that eyelet is. George do you think it's an early war piece made by one of the older manufacturers? Very interesting. Could we see the rest of the cross??

Comment

I really have no speculation on it at all. I just have it. Here's the front.
                              George

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X