Iron cross 2. class- a fake or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron cross 2. class- a fake or not?

Hello everyone. This is my first post in this forum. I started to collect german awards, and I buyed an iron cross 2. class from a fellow collector. The envelope is probably a fake, but I can't figure it out for the cross himself. I have it nearly a year now and I was always asking myself if it's real or a fake... I have a few closeup pictures of this cross so if someone cares to help me, I could send him the pics via the e-mail, as I can't post them here - new member...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent you a PM

Comment

Posting for Mark
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I have croped to the cross
          Attached Files

Comment

Don't know how the experts are gonna judge the packet .. but it looks like the pale one in this link:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=70544

Have any pics of the reverse of it?

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Many thanks to Laurence!

Note that the cross has the small ring attached only to the reverse side of the frame, and that there is a small hub on the top of the frame- both is a little unusual... The core is magnethic.

Thank you for any help and replys!

Comment

too me, that looks like a bad one

but im no expert

Comment

Come on, guys, can someone please help me with this one?

Comment

Here's a couple of close up's from mark
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Laurence Strong; 10-19-2004, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Reverse. This is the best I can do with my software to make them fit the limitaions.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Mark,

The packet is fake without doubt in my opinion......and also most collectors I think you'll find, you can see my deduction on other pages.

The cross, although I can't be 101% sure about this, I think it could be an unmarked 333 (666,999) fake cross, look at the date. I've lost all my pic's of the darn things I had.

Can you take a pic of the obverse right arm and more the vertical beading part. If your camera can't cope with it, do as I do and use a magnifying glass and hope for the best.

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Is anyone awared of any known fakes with a hub on the top of the frame and the small ring attached to only one side of the frame?Also, what is the easyest way to recognise a "333" fake- besides the flaw on the right arm, which I can't find on my cross...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X