No announcement yet.

My first EK2 ... Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Greg my thoughts on this mirror those above, Poor detail, frame looks slightly warped and bulged. The date especially the last 9 looks almost squeezed in, (could be the angle of the shot?). As for magnetic core and three piece construction this is now being faked. The above mentioned book is excellent for reference, selling in Britain for about £40, well worth it to avoid the fakes. Hope this is of some help. Best regards.

Comment

Sorry Greg, no manners welcomed to the forum.. It a hive of information.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Kubasek
        The sad part if it is a fake, is that I bought it from a dealer here in Calgary.
        Hi Greg.
        Is there a dealer for militaria in Calgary. Would you tell me who, I live just a bit north of you and would like to check them out.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Laurence! Always nice to see an Albertan.

There are actually three Militaria dealers here in town. The one I got this cross from is Things Military the owners name is Bill (can't remember his last name) #616, 3208-8 Ave. N.E. Phone - 569-1460
          I am going to go back to him on the weekend and let him know that the cross I bought is a fake and see how he handles it. I have bought a few other things from him and they have shown on these forums to be good and I honestly believe that this cross was just a mistake due to him (and me too) not knowing enough to tell if it is a fake because he pointed out that it was magentic and 3 piece so I took his word as gospel. Ill let you know how it turns out.

The second dealer is Foxhole Military - 1428 - 9 Ave S.E., Calgary, Alberta. Geoff Todd 264-8342 : he sold me fantasy SS pins as authentic, he seems to know better but I have yet to call him on it to see what he has to say. Not sure if I will buy from him again militaria wise.. but he has a store full of books which is handy.

Lastly there is Shoulder to Shoulder Militaria (can't remember the guys name.. well actually there are two there.. the tall older fellow is super nice, the short fellow is somewhat of an ass.) 1314A 9th Ave SE Phone - 262-2397
          I have yet to buy anything from these guys but they have a decent amount of goods. Their prices seem to be a little high and I kind of questioned the quality of some items. On an intersting note he has a Blood order for $500.. he says that he cannot confirm if it is 100% hence the lower price. It would be quite a steal if it turned out to be real!

In a nutshell from my experience I will only trust these guys as far as I can throw them.. I'm leaning more to buying online. I actually just recieved my first order from Detlev yesterday and I love the quality and delivery time and service so I think I am sold on doing buisness with him.

If you have any other questions ask away... Im in the office just sneaking in a few posts so I appologise in advance if my responses are delayed.

Greg
          Last edited by Greg Kubasek; 10-19-2004, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X