MedalsMilitary

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first Knight's Cross, '800' marked Juncker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very very niece piece , Congrat

Comment

I still think it's a great original piece, that few have.

Comment

Hello,
        i dont think that these strikes are brush strikes on the swaz, i think
        these are filing strikes that you can often see.
        Regards alex

Comment

I strongly doubt Juncker filed the swastika that (or any other) way! Why should they?
          And if they did (which I say they didn´t) should they leave it that way???

Comment

@ludwig,
            ok sometimes they done it. I have seen it on some
            crosses that they file. Take a Look at Craig Gottlieb
            Site item Number 3292.
            Regards alex

Comment

Originally posted by Flemming View Post
              In my opinion it IS less desireable, as the cross has a defect. But it is still a nice cross, I agree

Even a simple EK 2 will lose value, should the ring fall off.

I have tried to make a side by sude shot of the ring of the RK.

/Flemming
              You don't have to worry all to much ..

800 means its made from silver ...the suspension ring bin soldered with hard solder ,,
              meaning a silver mixture used as solder

those mixtures can be fragile ,,
              if heated to long the brittleness becomes instable ,,,it will break easy.

Even better ,repaired means,,,someone worn it,,,,so no storage cross right .?

ps I did take a look in the pinned section fore knight crosses,,they all looking to me to be soldered one way or another ,,,all different ,,,all different workers and situations I suppose ..

Workers and situations who would not be the same throe the whole course of the war for sure ..

so maybe its not a repair at all ,,but just a new guy's first time soldering the suspension ring ,,,,,

repainted some say ?

a lot of crosses where painted after they bin assembled and soldered so ,,,,?

phffff ,,, you can sleep without worry if you ask me ...

I am not in to 1939 crosses at all but in to craftsmanship,,,no matter imperial or not .

I see nothing here to be worried about ,,,but I would be curious to see some pictures of the frames side's and they're solder ,,,

see if they used hard or soft solder in this case ...

regards kay

Comment

It's kinda sad people always hammer that it's refinished because it's not. It was my fault in the first place to take pictures in unnatural light with flash. So that gives a wrong image of the cross. Cross has 100% original paint and is in no way refinished.
                Here some pictures in daylight to end this matter.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Jelle M.; 11-11-2013, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Mate it just looks stunning in these last shots. Fits perfectly in the etui.

Comment

when i first looked at the cross i was totally convinced that the loop originally broke off and was resoldered afterwards, especially looking at the first pictures. Now as i made comparisons with my Junckers (concerning size and finishing) i feel very very comfortable (especially with the pictures on p.3) that the cross is 100% "untouched", also the paint. But what is kind of odd is the finishing of the ring that makes it look very slim. That is very unusual but not impossible as i have seen Junckers - especially early ones - with the same type of overfinished ring. And this one is early either....

PS: the loop and case are nice as well and fit perfectly to the production time of this cross (~1940) itself. A very nice set IMO!

PS2 ( ): could you maybe show pictures of the ribbons edges?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X