Cloth DKiG - Help with maker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just purchased this from a local dealer. He had 3 of these that he just acquired indirectly from a veteran's family.....this one, one with just half a packet remaining and one without a packet. I am quite confident of the originality (all 3 have the "9" flaw, etc.). Can anyone I.D. The maker from these photos? Any help would be most appreciated.
    Attached Files

Her's the back view. Thanks for any help.
    Attached Files

Comment

It looks like a good one but I dont know about the maker

Andy

Comment

Thanks Andy. Anyone else?

Comment

It looks okay but better photos would be needed for definitive answers
          Best - Greg

Comment

Thanks Greg. I'm not concerned about the originality but who the maker might have been. Are you saying better photos are needed to I.D. the maker (although I'm not sure I can take better photos as my skills and camera are not the best and the package the DGiG is in is hazy).

Comment

As of today, only two maker of the German Cross in Cloth have been identified posetively: Hermann Schmuck and Westmann. Whereas "Westmann" could only be a distirbutor.
              It is clear that far more makers were in existence, but they have not been identified yet. So far, the classification is restricted to types of which there are three main variations.

Yours seems to be a Type 1.

Dietrich
              B&D PUBLISHING
              Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Thank you Dietrich. Your reply and information is much appreciated.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X