Box on Winkler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Box on Winkler

Guys, I'm thinking of buying thsi box to go with the mint S&L RK that I have in my personal collection. Given "recent" events, does anybody see any problems with this:

It's a bit hard to post pictures of this, but my photo (a screen capture) can give you the necessary item number to check for yourself. Thanks!
    Attached Files

And for what it's worth, I've had original boxes, but can't really evaluate one, other than "in hand."

Comment

And for what it's worth, I can get it on inspection (and have it on hold) ... I just don't want to waste his time and mine, if they are faking these now, and this looks suspicious. And, I don't see anything at ALL wrong with it, by the way.

Comment

this might just be me but i wouldn't buy anything of this dealer unless it cost 50euro and less. im sure if you asked some of the forum members they might sell you a nice (100%) original

Comment

Hi Craig,
          As the man above says i would also post an add on the Wanted Section of the Estand!
          This Dealer sends me emails 3 times a week and i just delete them at this stage!

Best

Ross

Comment

how about this one..
            http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=650744&page=2

Comment

The one Beufighter is linking to, at our E-stand is almost 1400$ cheaper then the one on Kai's webpage.

I can't say anything about one or the other being a copy or original, as I know nothing about packets.

/Flemming

Comment

Albert's is very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
                  Albert's is very nice.
                  Indeed, looks more complete then Kai's.
                  And Albert's seems "cheap" when you compare it to Kai's also, 1400$ is a lot of Money.

/Flemming

Comment

Thanks, guys. I've PM'd Albert. I have a STONE MINT S&L that I bought out of the wood work once upon a time, and this would nicely complete it.

As for doing business with Kai, I'd buy from Hitler if he had something for sale I wanted. I wouldn't relish the thought, but I would never look at an item, and think about the person from whom I bought it. But that's just me, and I respect your right to do otherwise.

I do thank the membership for looking at this for me!

Comment

With all due respect ( and surely treading on certain toes ) .... but 2950 € for a piece of cardboard ???

Comment

No, I understand. One man's trash is another's treasure. But a carton really "makes" an RK. You could say the same thing ... $5000 for a silly helmet? $1000 for a silly knife ?

Comment

I am with Craig on this,cartons are a nice addition to a medal collection,I only have an EK1 but it really displays well seems remarkable any have survived.€2950 is a lot but worth it too complete a set and if I had an RK I would certainly be interested in this if real.Of course the high prices have attracted fakers I even found a '57 case and carton on a site recently for a fraction of the price which was considered a fake by the expert I passed the info to.So easy to age this type of thing I would like to know if this is real.Good luck with which one you go with.
                          with

J

Comment

I emailed the guy selling the one on the E-stand, thank you very much for the lead.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Gottlieb View Post
                              I emailed the guy selling the one on the E-stand, thank you very much for the lead.
                              beaufighter, Leroy, Flemmig, thank you very much!

Craig: Came across this thread, posted a visitor message on your profile, as I could not send a pm. Also, did not get an e-mail from you. You can contact me at na4702 at gmx dot de

Thank you

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X