No announcement yet.

Knights Cross Stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a piece of Hitler silverware from him that was fake by far, glad to hear someone got something good out of him!

Originally posted by streptile View Post
    I got mine from Charlie Snyder.

Comment

Originally posted by Knight_ridergta View Post
      I bought a piece of Hitler silverware from him that was fake by far, glad to hear someone got something good out of him!
      Sorry Knight,

Mine was as fake as a $3 bill. I thought that was understood Bought it 20+ years ago before I knew anything about the forum.

Trevor
      Best regards,
      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Haha that one went over my head

Originally posted by streptile View Post
        Sorry Knight,

Mine was as fake as a $3 bill. I thought that was understood Bought it 20+ years ago before I knew anything about the forum.

Trevor

Comment

A friend of mine once got a 57 KC from the family of a KC-holder who has passed away.
          It showed the 1813 on the back, but the front was plain, well blackened, but strangely same level as the silver bordings.
          As he dont cared for postwar stuff, it ended up in a box full of small medals, tinnies, etc.
          Some years later he planned to set up at a show, and sorted out what to take with him, re-discovered his 57 KC. He throwed it into a box, and other medals followed. One of those landed on the KC, caused a white dent in the plain front surface...
          When he checked this, he noticed the plain front was no iron, but plaster. Some more scratching, and: it was the original wartime KC, which the vet has filled on the frontal site with plaster to cover the swaz, and had painted it carefully black...

Comment

very interesting method of converting it to 57 regulations. would never have thought of it being done like that.

Comment

Wow! That's an amazing story, you never know what you are going to find!

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
              A friend of mine once got a 57 KC from the family of a KC-holder who has passed away.
              It showed the 1813 on the back, but the front was plain, well blackened, but strangely same level as the silver bordings.
              As he dont cared for postwar stuff, it ended up in a box full of small medals, tinnies, etc.
              Some years later he planned to set up at a show, and sorted out what to take with him, re-discovered his 57 KC. He throwed it into a box, and other medals followed. One of those landed on the KC, caused a white dent in the plain front surface...
              When he checked this, he noticed the plain front was no iron, but plaster. Some more scratching, and: it was the original wartime KC, which the vet has filled on the frontal site with plaster to cover the swaz, and had painted it carefully black...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X