No announcement yet.

DKiG Deschler with 14 rivets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a really cool DKis which comes with extra mystery the extra rivets certainly make it more interesting.how heavy is it?

J

Comment

I've seen the close-ups of the obverse, and, I do not see anything that indicates a repair to the obverse. The wreath on it is rather exceptional, but the price?? All anyone can say, at this point, is that it started life with 6 rivets, but how do you add another 8, without disassembling the frame? And there are two "styles" of rivets?

--Ken

Originally posted by lordpage View Post
      That's a really cool DKis which comes with extra mystery the extra rivets certainly make it more interesting.how heavy is it?

J

Comment

Originally posted by Panzercracker View Post
        Hi Fab. Could you please post a picture, with arrows, to show what, if any repair, you are eluding to. Thank you.

--Ken
        Hi Ken
        how do I know what.. it 's not clear, it 's just a reasoning. Forgive me if my manner looks strong.
        If maken during the assembly into the Deschler factory we have to find these rivets in other Deschler badges.
        Personally I don't know them but if someone have to show please do it.

Comment

Hi Fab. I'm not saying you're coming on strong, but unless we see where you think the repair work was done (on the front), then why not support your opinion with a picture and/or arrows indicating where you think it took place? I have seen it, and, IMHO there is nothing that suggests (from the front) any repair-work was done. I'm not saying my opinion is "Golden" and appreciate your, as well as others input. This is not my DK, nor do I really care who's selling it, so know my opinions are non-judgemental and can be swayed.

--Ken

Originally posted by fabri-online View Post
          Hi Ken
          how do I know what.. it 's not clear, it 's just a reasoning. Forgive me if my manner looks strong.
          If maken during the assembly into the Deschler factory we have to find these rivets in other Deschler badges.
          Personally I don't know them but if someone have to show please do it.
          Last edited by Panzercracker; 06-28-2013, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Hi Ken,
            as repair I mean replace, so maybe the wreath or what I don't know, the one reason I find for those rivets is that as in my opinion it 's not a Deschler work.

Comment

Well that's quite a different statement from this one. I've already made my assessment, regarding the rivets, with the photos to back it up (see below). Anyway, it would be near impossible to assess what happened, with regards to the additional 8, unless someone took apart that DK. 9500e is a huge sum of money. You are right in questioning, the "cleaner" rivets being made by Deschler... That's the million dollar question...

--Ken

Originally posted by fabri-online View Post
              in my opinion it 's a repair, then on front I see some traces around the swaz arms.
              Last edited by Panzercracker; 06-28-2013, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Hi,
                sure it's an original piece.
                the other 8 rivets are differents and don't seam to be made from Deschler firm, and not from Godet firm.
                14 rivets I know to be made only from Godet firm.

No signs removed the original 6 rivets.........no signs in obverse side.....
                For wich reason or who have done it I really cannot immagine......maybe a text from Deschler firm to do 14 rivets ??

very interesting piece

Ivan B

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X