Round 3 EK1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Round 3 EK1

Hi all. I just picked up a Round 3 EK1 marked L/17 on the clasp and has a non-metallic center. It is in nice condition with only a little wear on the Swastika. I read these were issued to Kriegsmarine members? Can anyone tell me about this EK1?

Sorry...I know you all want pics, but my subscription expired recently and have not renewed it yet.

Thanks!!

Originally posted by Thomas Craig View Post
    Hi all. I just picked up a Round 3 EK1 marked L/17 on the clasp and has a non-metallic center. It is in nice condition with only a little wear on the Swastika. I read these were issued to Kriegsmarine members? Can anyone tell me about this EK1?

Sorry...I know you all want pics, but my subscription expired recently and have not renewed it yet.

Thanks!!
    Yes, these were 100% KM issued, and yours is undoubtedly good.

C'mon - just like your last sentence says....with no pix, it's pointless.

Hank
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

The one-piece "round-3" L/17 EK1 is an old and well known fake. Try searching, you'll find others.

Regards
      Mike
      Regards
      Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Thanks Mike for the helpful advice. I did look around more like you suggested and did find more examples of this reproduction. Not really being a EK1 collector I had no idea. One learns every day when they start collecting this kind of stuff. Fortunately, the seller whom I got it from is giving me a full refund, so no harm done. Thanks again for your help.

As for you Hank....I could have done with less of your condecending attitude. You could have been way less of a jerk and offered more constructive advice like Mike. One of the reasons I am starting to shy away from this forum is that many people on here just go on like they are the **** and talk down to people.
        Thanks for your smart-ass reply. Take care of yourself.

Comment

Thomas,
          Admittedly you post no pics and yet ask for opinions. I don't understand why you are taking a moderator to task for your own failings.

Chet
          Zinc stinks!

Comment

LDO & Round 3 doesn't match anyway!

Comment

...edit....

As for you Hank....I could have done with less of your condecending attitude. You could have been way less of a jerk and offered more constructive advice like Mike. One of the reasons I am starting to shy away from this forum is that many people on here just go on like they are the **** and talk down to people.
              You're welcome, I do what I can.

Believe it or not, sometimes all of us get tired of people who buy/acquire an item, then ask for opinions (much like you did above) with no pictures, even though you were aware that it was less than optimal / borderline pointless.

I will be the first to admit the first part of my reply was a bit sarcastic, but wasn't meant to be condescending. I openly and honestly apologize to you for that.

But as I said before, you KNOW how the forum works, yet you are willing to probably spend more for a cross you're not sure of than to spend the money to renew your forum membership. My take on it was: Your attitude is "I'll let somebody else do the legwork for me". If that was wrong - once again apologies.

Nobody's perfect - not you or me.

Happy collecting.

Hank
              Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
              ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

An L/17 "round 3" just showed up on eBay with a $599.99 Buy it Now or "Make Offer". Has photos of obverse and documentation showing seller knows maker L/17. Heads up to members of WAF to avoid this EK1.

Link:
                http://www.ebay.com/itm/WW-II-Nazi-B...item2c702f4763

Screen Capture posted before auction disappears. Seller "jeffeegee" from Freemont, Wisconsin. No returns or exchanges.

Text reads, "I have a very old authentic german military pin, has 1939 on the pin, came out of trunk in the attic. I am not a collector of this type, so I am selling. My sister in law says it looks like sterling silver on the back, but that is what she says, I can not tell the difference with silver and metal. I had to hide the swastika per ebays notice when listing.

Thanks and happy bidding."
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Colorado; 06-23-2013, 02:32 PM.
                Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

this ek1 round 3 is scrap

Comment

The date gives it away for starters.

Comment

front and back photos of this reproduction for reference.
                      Attached Files
                      Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

This is a very very ugly cross

Comment

Yup, Crap all the way

Comment

Thanks!!
                            As fas as I remember, there were never made a special version of the EK to be awarded to the KM.
                            They recieved what ever was on stock, like any other branch or unit. So yes, sometimes (in the beginning of the war I guess) they would recieve some EK with a non magnetic center/core, and other time (most of the time) they got the standard manufactured EK with a magnitec core.

Just my 10 cent.

/Flemming

Comment

Thanks Mike for the helpful advice. I did look around more like you suggested and did find more examples of this reproduction. Not really being a EK1 collector I had no idea. One learns every day when they start collecting this kind of stuff. Fortunately, the seller whom I got it from is giving me a full refund, so no harm done. Thanks again for your help.

Thomas, have you even bothered to search the forum before you posted your question?

Everyone here is willing to help, but some fakes are posted over and over again, so obviously there's a lot of collectors that don't even bother.

Then you will get replies like the one Hank posted, it's no fun answering the same question again and again.
                              Not replying isn't an option either, because that usually isn't appreciated either.

So please do a search before you post, and pictures are indeed helpful.

Best regards,
                              Ben
                              Last edited by ben bijker; 01-23-2014, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X