Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andrewb View Post
    Richard,

This sub forum is not just for discussion but also for information. There are many threads here that supply members with valuable and interesting information on what this sub forum is about, ie. The Iron cross, DK, WMC & SC series. This thread was not started by someone seeking praise for their SC collection but for seeking info.

Where would you put the current threads such as Simon's (regarding the late awarding of EK2) and Sepp45 on DK & RK awards?

Also, it's my understanding that regardless of why items are posted here, they are automatically open for discussion.

Regards,
    AB.
    Andrew

The problem with any forum is that there is cross-over. Simon's example is about Iron Cross. Some might say it should be in the crosses forum but it is purely document related there isn't a single iron cross in the whole thread, therefore it really should be in the paper and documents sub-forum. Nothing would be lost because it isn't in the Cross forum but everyone interesting in documents would have the pleasure of reading it in the documents forum. I wonder how many docs collectors have not seen it because they do not collect iron crosses but just documents??

Sepp45's threads are hard to categorize as they are a collage of groupings and again and these are not being discussed they should really be in the 'Groupings and individual soldiers history...' forum.

How long do you think before this Spanish cross thread in buried below a ton of 'Is this real and what is it worth' threads and how long before the next 'Is this spanish cross real?' thread pops up?

If information threads like these were properly managed we could spend less time and space on these 'Is this real and what is it worth' threads.

At the end of the day, I'm making a suggestion. Whether admin or the moderators agree and act on it is another thing.

Rich
    Last edited by Rich G; 03-29-2013, 05:41 AM.
    Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
    Decorations of Germany

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Gordon View Post

it is purely document related there isn't a single iron cross in the whole thread, therefore it really should be in the paper and documents sub-forum.

Rich

Richard,

I'll be brief because It's getting off the thread topic but although your statement above is technically correct, it's not the document itself that is the issue but rather the information in it that in my view should be posted here.

True, there is not one iron cross in the whole thread but, EK collectors who spend most of their time in this sub forum now know about the awarding of these EK2 long after wars end. Many EK non document collectors may not have seen it if it was posted in the paper/doc forum. In my view it's in the right place for the right reason.

If it was posted in both forums we would both be happy but of course that's not an option. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Regards,
      AB.
      In memory of my Uncle,
      Schtz.Grenadier KARL HOFBAUER,
      2 Kompanie, Inf-Bat, 550.
      Killed in action, Krasnoje, Minsk, 7. Nov. 1942.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewb View Post
        Here's my collection.
        Congratulations Andrew. That's a very nice display frame, with a very rare and beautiful Panzer badge.
        It's rare to see badges and in-wear photos well framed, in my opinion
        Attached Files
        Best regards,
        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Thanks Trevor.

It is one of the highlights of my collection. It's a period photo and not a reprint. The CLTB is of course original and as you said very rare. I also have the CLTB document. Only 415 awarded.

Regards,
          AB.
          In memory of my Uncle,
          Schtz.Grenadier KARL HOFBAUER,
          2 Kompanie, Inf-Bat, 550.
          Killed in action, Krasnoje, Minsk, 7. Nov. 1942.

Comment

Nice Spanish Crosses Guys

Alot of new members pay a heavy price for { repos } and I hope those that respect the hobby have helped the beginners with an understanding what to look for !! I'm proud of all of you in your assistance. There are real SC that pop up from time to time and now they won't be thrown away as fakes !! That happens too ! Thanks again guys !!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X