Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help for a EK newbie

Hello all,

I am a cloth insignia guy and have never really studied the EK. My Grandfather came back from the European theater with a variety of souvenirs but he always wanted a EK. When I was a kid I remember visiting many antique shops in Maryland in search of one. Well, after many years he found one that he liked and it got passed down to me by my parents after he passed away.

Anyway, long story short, my family made a collage of his military things and this cross was part of it. Unfortunately, the pin got bent pretty good in the process and the clasp did as well. There are no markings on it at all with the exception of "595" on the pin.

What exactly do I have here? and is it good or is it a copy? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

D
    Attached Files

Very bad fake......: Eeeeeek:
    Rodrigo

Comment

hmmmmm....

Not good

Comment

A quick look at the 1939 date is all it takes, have a look at the dates on known originals and you will clearly see a difference!

Kevin

Comment

I would have to agree with the others, it's a bad fake.
          Jordan

Comment

Hello Dmiller.

The bad news - Fake !
            Good news - but very rare!

Best regards .

Maciej G.

Comment

I appreciate all the responses. Much to learn!

Comment

Worth holding onto as a rare fake. I wonder if this one is recorded in the fakes gallery in the Association members area?

Comment

It may be fake but your grandfather bought it, owned it and loved it so that makes it a real part of your family history worth keeping and treasuring. You can get a genuine one here on WA.com...

Comment

Originally posted by AUSGANG View Post
                    It may be fake but your grandfather bought it, owned it and loved it so that makes it a real part of your family history worth keeping and treasuring.
                    Agreed

Comment

I am sorry that this turned out to be a fake considering the way it came into your possesion, however, this is not a rare fake, these have been around for years and have been shown here countless times.

Regards - Danny

Comment

Yes, it does suck that it was fake but it will always remind me of my Grandfather which is priceless.

AUSGANG put it very nicely - and that is what matters. Now I will try to find a nice original to display in my collection in honor of my late Grandfather. It will be the continuation of a journey which I will now complete for him...

Thanks again for all the responses.

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dmiller View Post
                          Yes, it does suck that it was fake but it will always remind me of my Grandfather which is priceless.

AUSGANG put it very nicely - and that is what matters. Now I will try to find a nice original to display in my collection in honor of my late Grandfather. It will be the continuation of a journey which I will now complete for him...

Thanks again for all the responses.

Derek
                          Well said, he would be very proud of you.

regards John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
                          X