EK1 marked 55, not L/55?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 marked 55, not L/55?

I submit to the EK experts, this cross I have had since 1980. It is marked 55 under the pin and below the catch. I have never thought twice about it until Anttiā€™s EK stats showed this as the only one and I became very curious. It is 44mm wide by 44mm high and the ends of the arms are 25.5mm across. The center is magnetic.

Thanks, Alan

Attached Files

The back
    Attached Files

Comment

The mark under the pin. Photo courtesy of moderator Mike Pinkus.

Attached Files

Comment

Mark under the catch.

Attached Files

Comment

Another front view trying to lighten the scanner exposure to see the swaz and date better.

Attached Files

Comment

Can someone make some comment on this poor little cross? Do I have the whole forum stumped or something? Is it a blatant repro thats 25 years old or do I have something unique here.
            Thanks in advance,
            Alan

Comment

I am scratching my head about this one. The cross itself looks ok, nothing jumps out at me, but I have never seen stamps like that before, and I don't have an L/55 or aything to compare it with. I am curious to see what is thought of this one by others.
              Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
              All the best,
              Chris

Comment

It looks like it was stamped later using standard number stamps IMO. Regards Chris

Comment

Both numbers are definetly stamped with single "5" stamp... Why would not Hammer & Sohne had used its regular "55" stamp, which they used for many many other decorations....?....

Jani
                  - Military historian and dealer from Finland.
                  - Collecting Finnish awards, German EK1's 1939, KVK1's w/o swords and Tirolian shooting badges.
                  I still need EK1's L/14 Screwback and Pinback.

Comment

The cross is a Meybauer and I also think the stamp was added for some reason.
                    Cheers, Frank

Comment

Yepp will also say a early Dumer whit fake stamps. Look at them, they are made whit tools you can buy in any hard ware store. And they are not distict as a maker mark is. For a un markt Dumer . A bad remark

Mikael

Comment

Why Deumer, Mikael?
                        Cheers, Frank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X