Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mint EK2 presentation envelope good?

Hello everyone,

I just picked up this mint condition envelope. Can anyone give me a , or a ? I appreciate the help.

Robert
    Attached Files

same envelope, reverse view...
    Attached Files

Comment

I don't know about this one. Does not look right to me.

Comment

The low res photo doesn't help much either. It has the usual pebbling on the paper. It just doesn't show up in the photo. I'll try again with a higher res. Sorry.

Robert

Comment

This should help some...
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello there Robert. Say, have you tried blacklighting this one? Just a thought, sometimes that eliminates the bad from the good rather quickly.
            Thanks for all your help.....past, present, and I am sure future!

Brian Dentino

PS-SENT YOU A PM
            Brian Dentino

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR WWII GLIDER INFO/ITEMS...ESPECIALLY 325TH GIR

Comment

Hello Robert,

Sorry to say this, but I do not like the EKII packet that you posted. In my opinion it is not original. At some of the larger military shows, I have encountered dealers that had stacks of these packets. They almost always look too new as if just made yesterday. They always lack a natural, aged look, and the paper seems too stiff. In many cases the packet flaps have never even been folded over. I do not like the absence of maker markings on the reverse of the packet. Also, the slit for the packet flap is off center. I wonder if the flap will tuck into it properly? I do not like seeing the seam down the left side of the packet reverse. The seam across the bottom looks a little sloppy too. The printing on the packet front looks pretty good, but it almost looks too crisp, and definitely too new looking. I would not want one of these in my collection. Just my opinion though, and no offense intended.
              Best regards! Tom
              Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Came from Herr Winkler....

Comment

Originally posted by robert pierce
                  Came from Herr Winkler....
                  Well, I think it is a big if you ask me.

Comment

Thanks you guys. I knew I was taking a chance.

Robert
                    Last edited by robert pierce; 09-03-2004, 02:34 PM. Reason: To protect the sellers name

Comment

Hello Robert,

I have purchased a few things from Herr Winkler over the past few years. I think for the most part, he has very good stuff. I'm sure he believes this packet to be genuine, or he would not have sold it as original. He does have a good reputation with the collecting community, so I'm sure he will give you a refund if you're not happy with the item.
                      Best regards! Tom
                      Last edited by Tom Yanacek; 09-03-2004, 10:48 PM. Reason: original post was response to a misunderstanding.
                      Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Thanks Tom,

Robert
                        Last edited by robert pierce; 09-03-2004, 02:36 PM. Reason: for the same reason as before

Comment

Last edited by Ludwig; 09-04-2004, 06:03 AM. Reason: New/correct information

Comment

Robert, did he charge you for additional REAL photos (paper) or just the digital ones which he emailed you?

KR
                            Pascal

Originally posted by robert pierce
                            Thanks you guys. I knew I was taking a chance. I bought an EKll from Kai just two weeks ago and he charged me an extra EURO 10.0 for the additional photos I asked him for before committing to the sale. Has this happened to anyone else in the past? I felt like calling him and asking him, what's the big deal? I have never been charged for additional photos until now from anyone.

Robert

Comment

Last edited by robert pierce; 09-04-2004, 04:46 PM. Reason: omit

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X