Ek 2 Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ek 2 Opinions

Please bear with me. I know less than nothing about this award. I only know that it is magnetic and the ring has no markings. Maybe some one can take a look and be able to tell if it is legit or a stinker. I really don't no what to look for and the cross section on the forum is closed for repairs. Please let me know what you think or how I can see if it is legit or not. Thank you all very much. Robert Burger
    Attached Files

Originally posted by burgerhaus
    Please bear with me. I know less than nothing about this award. I only know that it is magnetic and the ring has no markings. Maybe some one can take a look and be able to tell if it is legit or a stinker. I really don't no what to look for and the cross section on the forum is closed for repairs. Please let me know what you think or how I can see if it is legit or not. Thank you all very much. Robert Burger
    Now for the other side. Thanks again.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Robert,

The pictures are not the best, but from what I can see, it looks like a perfectly good EKII. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but is there a nub on the top part of the frame to which the suspension eyelet is soldered? It looks to me like there is. If so, then your EKII was most likely made by Rudolf Wächtler & Lange of Mittweida. By checking the piece with a magnet, you confirmed that the core is made of iron which is definitely a good sign. Also look at the edges of the frame and you should see evidence of a seam. The seam should be visible and it's presence will confirm that the cross is of three part construction, also a good sign.
      Best regards! Tom
      Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X