Iron cross stickpins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron cross stickpins

Hi all. I have theses pins and was wondering if any of them are actually original.
    Attached Files

From that I see, could be all good, more pics are needed better if they are close up, thanks.

Comment

I agree except for the first one which definitely has had the pin replaced by someone . The germans had original with the type pin with the flat , and with a 90degree stright to the cross as the third one is, but that round based pin in the middle would not be seen from the front, so someone farbed that one. I have some with IC's and other medals on stick pins , but don't have any with 39 clasps I don't believe . I don't care for the 4th one with the 39 clasp...doesn't appear original to me, but thats just my own opinion . The details on most of these pins are usually very good for being so tiny, and the third one doesn't seem to have the details I would want to or expect to see. Others may disagree, but that pin may also have had the pin replaced . Let's see what others say,but 2, and 4 look sketchy alltogether even the tops and pins both, and lets see if anyone can corraborate or not. You gotta love those stickpins they are really way cool.
      Last edited by juoneen; 11-07-2012, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Okay. Here's some closer pics. Hope these help.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
          I agree except for the middle one which definitely has had the pin replaced by someone . The germans had original with the first type pin with the flat , and with a 90degree stright to the cross as the third one is, but that round based pin in the middle would not be seen from the front, so someone farbed that one. I have some with IC's and other medals on stick pins , but don't have any with 39 clasps I don't believe .
          Thanks! Yes, I had figured someone replaced the pin on that one. It's not too difficult to tell.

Comment

IMHO all are originals.
            Unfortunally the 2nd present a ugly work of pin replaced by someone that has dirted all the front.
            As far I see the 2nd and last they appear made from same hand because is common the round base hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Gew44 View Post
              From that I see, could be all good.
              Originally posted by juoneen View Post
              I agree except for the first one... I don't care for the 4th one... and the third one doesn't seem to have the details I would want to or expect to see.... but 2, and 4 look sketchy alltogether.
              So Juoneen, you're saying you agree with Gew44 that all look good... except no. 1, no. 2, no. 3, and no. 4? Just want to understand your unique perspective.
              Best regards,
              Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

From what I see #3 is a repo that is currently available from some outlets.
                I got burned on that one some time ago. John

Comment

For various reasons, I've issues with all minis prersented here. #4 is butt ugly and I would personally never go for any piece with that square pin-solder. John has already handled #3 and I'm content with his personal experience. #1 is the more believable regarding the obverse (given it's glass-enamelled?) and the lack of 90 degree angle of the pin is explained by the use of a "horse-shoe"-pin, fully accepted on German minis. The direction of the knurls is IMO controvercial though.

cheers
                  Peter

Comment

So, No. 1 is the only one of the four that seems original? No. 2 is just like it, with the exception of the replaced pin and the sloppy soldering job.

Comment

Only to understand better
                      Attached Files

Comment

The N° 1 have a same pin attach with mine bought directly from German Vet Family and sold.

Here the pic.
                        Attached Files

Comment

N° 3 classical pin form, here one of my mini.
                          Attached Files

Comment

n° 2 & 4 round little feet same like this one:
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you. I should have numbered them like that. My apologies. I knew that No. 1 was probably okay. And I knew that No. 2's pin had been replaced at some point. But I was unsure of the last two.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X