Knight Crosses today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knight cross document &KC57 Wolfram Kertz

During the Ardennes Offensive Wolfram Kertz was assigned as a Kompanieführer to the 9.SS-Panzer-Division "Hohenstaufen", part of the II. SS-Panzerkorps. After the collapse of the German forces, he was transferred to Regiment Großdeutschland as commander of 309.Batallion.

Rank: Oberleutnant der Reserve (1st Lieutenant of Reserves)
    Unit: Führer 8. / Kampfgruppe "Bruhn" (II.SS-Panzerkorps)
    Awarded on: October 4th, 1944
    Attached Files

Comment

Knight cross document &KC57 Wolfram Kertz Part II

Here are more documents of the knight cross bearer Wolfram Kertz.
      Attached Files

Comment

Knight cross document &KC57 Wolfram Kertz Part III

Here is the knight cross 1957 from Wolfram Kertz ...
        Attached Files

Comment

Knight cross document &KC57 Wolfram Kertz Part IV

Pictures after 1945...
          Attached Files

Comment

Schickle post war production...

Comment

Originally posted by BB-BB View Post
              Knight cross document &KC57 Wolfram Kertz
              Thank you very much for helping out and sharing this amazing grouping!

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
                Schickle post war production...
                A nice sought after 835 cross.

Comment

Originally posted by tony james View Post
                  A nice sought after 835 cross.

I know, that´s why I pointed out the rarity. Would be interesting to know the Schickle company story. Made awards during the war, lost their license, and then made awards after the war.

Comment

Hi Ludwig
                    there is some speculation that deumer made these and evidence points to this being plausible but for me a schickle framed cross = a schickle cross unless definite proof emerges stating otherwise that someone else made them .we may never know.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tony james View Post
                        Hi Ludwig
                        there is some speculation that deumer made these and evidence points to this being plausible but for me a schickle framed cross = a schickle cross unless definite proof emerges stating otherwise that someone else made them .we may never know.
                        A lot of study has been done in the 57 collecting world, and I believe it has been proved beyond any reasonable doubt, that Deumer made these 57 RK's!!
                        There are two types of core paint applied to these RK's, an earlier, thin flat matt type and a later, thicker glossy type....... an exact match to the two types of core paint used on Deumer's 57 EK's, the silver finish used on the frame and the frosting on the beading are also a match to Deumer's 57 EK's, some of the frames are maked for "835" silver, Deumer was the only 57 maker to use "835" silver, on their 57 Life saving medal. and postwar Oaks, and.....the "835" mark itself is also identical.
                        IMO Deumer had the "Schickle" frame die, and used it to make new frames in the postwar years!
                        Deumer ceased 57 production in the late 60's, their remaining stock of parts ( and possibly dies) were bought by S&L, and a couple of the "Schickle" style frames have been seen paired up with an S&L 2nd pattern core, dating from this period.
                        There is no known postwar/57 production from Schickle, and there are only 4 known German 57 makers.....Deumer/ S&L / Assmann / Deschler
                        -Nigel
                        sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel N View Post
                          A lot of study has been done in the 57 collecting world, and I believe it has been proved beyond any reasonable doubt, that Deumer made these 57 RK's!! -Nigel

Comment

Many thanks Nigel! Very interesting info. I never cared much for the 1957 production, so all this is news to me.

Comment

Past and Present:
                              - Swords cassette in the hands of AH, before awarding it to GFM (at that time General der Panzertruppen) Erwin Rommel on January 20th, 1942.

- The document shown nowadays, stored in a Stuttgart Museum.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel N View Post
                                A lot of study has been done in the 57 collecting world, and I believe it has been proved beyond any reasonable doubt, that Deumer made these 57 RK's!!
                                There are two types of core paint applied to these RK's, an earlier, thin flat matt type and a later, thicker glossy type....... an exact match to the two types of core paint used on Deumer's 57 EK's, the silver finish used on the frame and the frosting on the beading are also a match to Deumer's 57 EK's, some of the frames are maked for "835" silver, Deumer was the only 57 maker to use "835" silver, on their 57 Life saving medal. and postwar Oaks, and.....the "835" mark itself is also identical.
                                IMO Deumer had the "Schickle" frame die, and used it to make new frames in the postwar years!
                                Deumer ceased 57 production in the late 60's, their remaining stock of parts ( and possibly dies) were bought by S&L, and a couple of the "Schickle" style frames have been seen paired up with an S&L 2nd pattern core, dating from this period.
                                There is no known postwar/57 production from Schickle, and there are only 4 known German 57 makers.....Deumer/ S&L / Assmann / Deschler
                                -Nigel
                                Nigel thank you very much for your interesting post!

Now I Know more about the early 57 kc from Wolfram Kertz. That he owns an early 57 kc produced by Deumer with stamped „835“ on an used „Schickle“ frame .👀👍🏻

Best regards BB-Birgit Büsser

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X