Clear All

Ok, that convinces me!
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
      Ok, that convinces me!

Comment

Your "rolleyes" seems to signal that I should not be convinced?
        Why don't you read through the German article and have a closer look at the Knights Cross?
        B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Your "rolleyes" seems to signal that I should not be convinced?
          Why don't you read through the German article and have a closer look at the Knights Cross?
          My "rolleyes" are just a way of telling you that I wish you gave me a better reply.

If the article says something important and I should know it, please tell us.

I cannot read German; so I'm always open for corrections about my publications here.

I never meant to offend you Dietrich.

Comment

It is not that important and I am not offended. IMHO the RK is a post war production and some of the content in the article is strange. The cover of the magazine shows the RK with a nice new ribbon, something not shown in the article.
            The main thing here is not the Knights Cross, though, but the "story" as it is often the case with this magazine. The headline is "A Knights Cross for the battle in Stalingrad", in the inside text Roske says in his own words that he got the RK for his "breakthrough to the Wolga" and that the looting and killing of his tropps by Red Army soldiers was atrocious. The award date is 20. January 1943, 13 days before the capitulation. Did they fly in an RK?????
            It is a nice story, that is all there is.
            Attached Files
            B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

The award date is 20. January 1943, 13 days before the capitulation. Did they fly in an RK?????
              It is a nice story, that is all there is.
              They probably had a bunch of them, since, according to Jason D. Marks list of RK won at Stalingrad, there was 53 RKs awarded/won in Stalingrad in January. On 20 January there was 14 awarded.

/ Daniel

Comment

RK's

How many RK's were retained by the recipients ? Certainly very few if any in Russian captivity, as for the west an outside chance? Alternatively the recipient used an EK2 and sent his award piece home ? I know some of the high rankers at Island Farm in Bridgend , South Wales 12 mile form me, were allowed to keep their awards.I have read several accounts of POW's in Russia being severely punished or shot for hiding awards.This begs the question how many actual worn RK's. wartime that is, are out there ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sepp45 View Post
                  RK with Oak Leaves awarded to Oberleutnant Otto Carius
                  Zugführer 2. / schwere Panzer-Abteilung 502 / 61.Infanterie-Division / / XXXXIII.Armee-Korps / Armeegruppe Narwa / Heeresgruppe Nord
                  Awarded the Ritterkreuz: May 4th, 1944[/url]
                  The preliminary award document to his KC.
                  Attached Files

Comment

RK preliminary award document to SS-Brigadeführer Otto Gieseke
                    Kommandeur SS-Polizei Schützen-Regiment 1
                    Presented on: September 30th, 1942
                    Higher resolution and zoom.
                    Attached Files

Comment

RK awarded to SS-Oberscharführer Ernst Barkmann
                      4. / SS-Panzer-Regiment 2 / 2. SS-Panzer-Division “Das Reich” / 7.Panzerarmee / Heeresgruppe B
                      Awarded on: August 27th, 1944

Barkmann's wartime cross is a S&L Micro 800.
                      Old picture of Barkmann's grouping.
                      Attached Files

Comment

RK awarded to SS-Standartenführer Friedrich-Wilhelm Karl
                        Kdr. SS-Panzer-Artillerie-Regiment 11 / 11.SS-Freiwilligen-Panzer-Grenadier-Division “Nordland”
                        Awarded on: December 26th, 1944

Karl's KC is currently offered by Ratisbons auction house. Credits to them.

(From the website description)

The personal belongings of Friedrich-Wilhelm Karl (SS Honor Ring, Knight´s Cross and documents) were consigned for auction by Karl´s granddaughter on behalf of his wife who is still alive and celebrated her 104th birthday in October last year. The family wants to raise money for the care of Mrs. Karl who now resides in a nursing home.

1939 Knight´s Cross to the Iron Cross made by C.F.Zimmermann as well as an original photograph showing this cross. 20 maker marked as well as 800 silver stamped to the frame. Missing it’s ring. Well worn. Damaged to the reverse. A maker which is quite hard to come by.

The fact that this Knight´s Cross belonged to Karl can be proven. There are two original photos from the family showing Karl´s Honor Ring and his Knight´s Cross. These photos were most probably taken in the 1950s but proof that both items belonged to Friedrich-Wilhelm Karl for following reason: One photo in addition to showing his SS Honor Ring and Knight’s Cross also shows a postwar Russian document to Friedrich-Wilhelm Karl in the background. The original Russian document in this photo is part of Karl’s document grouping.

Extremely rare chance to acquire an original Knight´s Cross to an SS regimental commander which has never been in collector’s hands. Probably the only chance in your life. A Certificate of Authenticity from Klaus Butschek explaining the full provenance will accompany this item.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Front and back

(Photo credits to Ratisbons)
                          Attached Files

Comment

RK preliminary award document to Hauptmann Herbert Zimmermann
                            Führer II./GrenRgt 225
                            Presented on: January 12th, 1945

(Photo credits to Andreas-Thies)

The soldier on the Postcard Portrait is not Herbert Zimmermann.

But it is a KC holder, too. I bought some items of him a few years ago. There was a few Portraits ( with KC ) and his Visor cap... I forgot his Name.. but I will think about it and tell Name later...

Comment

Front and back

(Photo credits to Ratisbons)

wonder what the damage is from ?

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                                wonder what the damage is from ?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X