Something for DK-lovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something for DK-lovers

Just when we think we have seen everything something new pops out. Enjoy my new addition to my DK collection -

a Juncker German Cross with manufactury-applied screwback. As a collector with an emphasis on german crosses i have seen some modified german crosses so far but i have never seen one with a disc assembled by the manufacturer itself.

I hope you enjoy the piece as much as i do!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

wow yes, that is fantastic
      the scratched names, the wear, the screw, amazing, I love it too
      very jealous
      regards
      jon

Comment

Unbelievable piece Stefan! Good to see it ended up in the right collection
        Kind regards,
        Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

dk

Beautiful !!!! I have never seen anything like it !

Mike

Comment

Nice. I really like the name scratched in multiple places. I wish more vets
            would have done that.

Comment

I don't want to sound wrong here and that is why I say upfront that the piece is a genuine German Cross from Juncker and it is very important!

However, for reasons of understanding (and not for any other!) I just throw this out:

- Theophil Seemüller (the only Seemüller in the database) got the German Cross on 01.01.1945
              - his name is scratched to the reverse and the disk with Theo Seemüller, so I guess it is him
              - the date on the disk, however, is 26.7.1944 which is more than 4 months earlier than the original award date?

If this is the actual awarded cross it had to come from the PKZ since all the awarded crosses came from the PKZ. And Dr. Doehle would not have sent out a non-regulation piece, no way!

So, he must have bought it "illegal", meaning directly from the company (or a jeweller), as Stefan says. The wreath is a Type 2 which is the later wreath model, the backplate seems to be made of Tombak (i.e. not Cupal), so the cross is rather early. For sure not 1944/45 manufacture. I understand the reasoning that it could be factory made (or made before assembly) because of the solder around the central threaded sleeve and the anti-rotation pin. However, name and cross and cross type and award date do not match.

At this point I would say this: an early (most likely) factory made (or jeweller altered) unique non-regulation piece from Juncker (or with Juncker parts), relatively early (1942ish) into which somebody has scratched the wrong name and wrong date.

But that should not detract from the uniqueness and originality of the piece!
              Last edited by Dietrich Maerz; 07-11-2012, 04:02 PM.
              B&D PUBLISHING
              Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Helluva find Stephan and congrats.

--Rgds, Ken

Comment

Good looking orignal cross

Andy

Comment

Dietrich,

in my experience, the date in the disk is his actual award date of his DKiG,
                    the date 1945.1.1 in the datebase is the rough date as the dis-orders in the end of the war, it seems that is only the estimated date because the authorities doesn't know accurately of his award date of DKiG!
                    above information i have proof/example!

Stefank,
                    Frankly i have no excitation upon this Juncker, for it's broken enamel, big repairs, and IT IS NOT 1st TYPE OF WREATH FROM JUNCKER, the 2nd wreath is far more common, but the 1st wreath of Juncker is very very very rare, more rarer than 6 rivets short pin by Deschler! I know you have one (although it is broken enamel), that is desirable DKiG !!

Cole

Comment

Cole,

the book and data I am working from is based on the actual index cards of the Personnel Office of the Wehrmacht. There never was nor is there a shift of several months.

Dietrich
                      B&D PUBLISHING
                      Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

http://www.ww2awards.com/award/614/abc

if the award date is 1945.1.1, it could be not an actual date!
                        i have found several. The soldier from StafanK is another example!
                        not surprise nor question.

Comment

Matching date or not...this is still a interesting cross.

/Flemming

Comment

I can just comment the cross that in my opinion is interesting and very nice.
                            congratulations Stefan, very good catch !

Comment

Stefan, this cross is truly a great treasure My congratulations -- a first class rarity in my opinion.
                              Best regards,
                              Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X