Interesting Spanish Cross Found in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Spanish Cross Found in Texas

Hello all, I wanted to share something I discovered in a new book I am reading. It is called Lone Star Stalag and it is about a German POW camp in Texas in WWII. They excavated and cataloged everything they can find in this camp recently and they only discovered two military medals. The Afrika Campaign and the Spanish Cross with Swords.

There were only 8304 silver crosses with swords awarded. It is kind of interesting that one showed up in the ground in Texas.

here is a link to the exact page showing the Spanish Cross in case you want to see the medal or read about it.

http://books.google.com/books?id=ufc...0cross&f=false

Thank you,
    Scott

That's quite a find. I'll bet the guy who lost it or hid it there wasn't too happy when he was shipped out without it.

Comment

Thank you Tony!!!

It is times like this I wish German Medals had serial #'s on them for tracking!

I am guessing with the proper research if you could get the files of who was at the camp. Then perhaps their previous roles in the war could be cross referenced and give some idea to the few individuals that might have received this. ?
      Thank you,
      Scott

Comment

Thank you Tony!!!

It is times like this I wish German Medals had serial #'s on them for tracking!

I am guessing with the proper research if you could get the files of who was at the camp. Then perhaps their previous roles in the war could be cross referenced and give some idea to the few individuals that might have received this. ?
        Thank you,
        Scott

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X