Knight Crosses today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alikn View Post
    I have seen that cross from Wolf-Hardin's collection at S.O.S., it's that unknown type #6 on that pictures with GCs, very nicely made beautiful frosting, here some more pics of it.

very interesting thread...

Sure this cross is original ?? ( # 19)

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Hello Sepp,

Nice mixed thread you have generated. The OLS in post #30 appear to be a Souval copy. An original set should look something like this.

Kind regards,
      E.
      Attached Files

Comment

any idea who that litte boy is with that HIAG cap on, holding Skorzenys awards??

martin

Comment

Originally posted by IVAN View Post
          very interesting thread...

Sure this cross is original ?? ( # 19)
          It looks very promising - quality of it, frosting, oxidizing on frosting, ...but hard to say for sure that is why it's unknown,
          another one of those I saw in Tony's(Tiger1) collection, maybe he can add some info about this type.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepp45 View Post

Ritterkreuz located in Panzermuseum Munster, Niedersachsen (Germany).
            Sorry I could not get a better picture of the RK. It is display in the "Panzer-Lehr Division" section.
            I finally got some good info on the RK and Uniform. It belonged to Generalmajor Horst Niemack. Here's a better photo of the RK

Front

Zoom on the RK.

Thanks to everyone and the good info and corrections!

Regards,
            Sepp.

Comment

That's a Souval cross with S&L O&S (the Souval certainly postwar and the O&S likely to be).

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
                That's a Souval cross with S&L O&S (the Souval certainly postwar and the O&S likely to be).
                Thanks Leroy!

Some more!

Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes awarded to Werner Graf von der Schulenburg.

This example of the RK is currently at the Archives Corps Saxonia Göttingen (Deutsches Historisches Museum). I really don't know that happened to the decoration, but you can cleary see a bullet hole in it. Keep in mind, Von der Schulenburg was killed in 1944.. maybe it has something to do with it.

Von der Schulenburg.

Source: http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...20100129173933

Regards,
                Sepp

Comment

Thanks Leroy!

Some more!

Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes awarded to Werner Graf von der Schulenburg.

This example of the RK is currently at the Archives Corps Saxonia Göttingen (Deutsches Historisches Museum). I really don't know that happened to the decoration, but you can cleary see a bullet hole in it. Keep in mind, Von der Schulenburg was killed in 1944.. maybe it has something to do with it.

Von der Schulenburg.

Source: http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...20100129173933

Regards,
                  Sepp

Impossible, as this cross is a fake!

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
                    Impossible, as this cross is a fake!
                    Thanks for the respond Ludwing, how come this is a fake? I really don't know anything about the background story...

Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes awarded to Klaus Feldt.
                    Awarded to Korvettenkapitan Klaus Feldt, Oakleaves-recipient in Schnellebooten
                    (E-Boats). One of seven to be awarded the E-Boat Badge in Diamonds.

Source: http://www.lssah.com/original%20awards.htm

Regards,
                    Sepp

Comment

Hi Gents!

The Museum of WWII in Boston (Massachusetts) has a very nice display of medals and badges, and also some really good RK's. Here's the compilation:

Source: http://www.museumofworldwarii.com/To...anMilitary.htm

Regards,
                      Sepp
                      Last edited by Sepp45; 01-04-2012, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Museum of WWII in Texas ?

I wish it was in TEXAS its actually in Massachusetts.
                        Great Museum.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                          I wish it was in TEXAS its actually in Massachusetts.
                          Great Museum.
                          You are right Jimmy, sorry for the mistake. Thanks for the correction.

Regards,
                          Sepp.

Comment

Hi Gents!

The Museum of WWII in Boston (Massachusetts) has a very nice display of medals and badges, and also some really good RK's. Here's the compilation:

Source: http://www.museumofworldwarii.com/To...anMilitary.htm

Regards,
                            Sepp

Don´t I see a Balloonobserver´s badge there?

Comment

Thanks for the respond Ludwing, how come this is a fake? I really don't know anything about the background story...

Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes awarded to Klaus Feldt.
                              Awarded to Korvettenkapitan Klaus Feldt, Oakleaves-recipient in Schnellebooten
                              (E-Boats). One of seven to be awarded the E-Boat Badge in Diamonds.

Source: http://www.lssah.com/original%20awards.htm

Regards,
                              Sepp

Because it doesn´t look like any of the known originals.
                              And there is another KC, here in Sweden, that is said having belonged to von Schulenburg.
                              Problem is, that it´s the same production as the crap shown here.

Comment

RK at the Sotamuseo (Military Museum of Helsinski).
                                Most likely the one awarded to Carl Gustav Mennerheim.

Award document.

Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/saminku...n/photostream/

Luftwaffe pilot RK (private collection)

Source: http://ehangar.com/modules.php?name=...iewtopic&t=178

Regards,
                                Sepp.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X