No announcement yet.

L59 EK1 pin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not so sure that pin on DaveĀ“s cross is replaced. Rettenmaier had more to offer than just two pin variations. Here is another one:
    Cheers, Frank

Comment

obverse
      Cheers, Frank

Comment

Hello David B,

That is a very unusual looking EKI that you have. I'm really not sure what to make of it. I like the look of the obverse frame, and the ribbing on the frame. As far as the core is concerned, it looks like it might be ok, but the '1939' looks obscured in the photo. I would want to see a better picture of the date. The hinge and catch look ok, but the pin looks odd and crude. I think it could very well be a replacement as others have already mentioned. I also, have never seen the hinge mounted that low on a Rettenmaier EKI. That could have been reattached as well. In fact, it looks like this piece received some major reworking. When looking at the reverse picture, it looks like there is evidence of reheating along all edges of the cross. Almost like the cross was splitting at the seams and starting to come apart. The frames may have been re-soldered on this one.
        Best regards! Tom
        Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Good point Tom about the signs of possible heat marks. I wasn't sure if it was that or patina. This is a cross I was considering for purchase and am working off photos. I am not comfortable with the pin and it appears questionable whether or not the pin is original based on the responses. Thanks to all for the replies.

Comment

Hi the pin looks good

I can see your point of view though gentleman , it does look very much like the ones found on some flock copies , i will find a pin exactley the same and post it up

regards

Jack

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X