ek2 maker marks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ek2 maker marks

i have been looking at detlevs site from friday and he has quite a list of ek2s for sale with maker marks one of which hopefully i have purchased, but going through gordons book the iron cross there is a couple that detlev is listing that are not recorded in the list of known makers for the ek2 eg mm13 and mm21 athough looking further on in the book under ek1s there is the number 21 listed as gebruder godet & co but no mention of mm13 until the end of the book and it is gustav brehmer my question is have these makers recently come to light as makers of the ek2
    regards gaz

Gaz,
    I am not going to be much help I'm affraid, as I am not an expert in this field, however, I would have advised you of the same two names for the makers of those EKII's.

Not much help I'm affriad, but a little of moral support if nothing else.

Regards
    Regards
    Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

Ek2

Originally posted by gaz
      i have been looking at detlevs site from friday and he has quite a list of ek2s for sale with maker marks one of which hopefully i have purchased, but going through gordons book the iron cross there is a couple that detlev is listing that are not recorded in the list of known makers for the ek2 eg mm13 and mm21 athough looking further on in the book under ek1s there is the number 21 listed as gebruder godet & co but no mention of mm13 until the end of the book and it is gustav brehmer my question is have these makers recently come to light as makers of the ek2
      regards gaz
      I assume that if Gordon was not able to get hold of these particular examples at the time of going to print, then he thought it wiser to leave them off his list. Maybe Gordon could confirm this. I, for one, have had a 13 EK2 for a while now and I assume they are not that rare.

Comment

Yes, "13s" are fairly common.
        George

Comment

The mm 21 is not listed as a known maker in Chris Ailsby's book World War 2 German medals. Regards Chris

Comment

Make a search here and you will find a updated list off EK makers. To note Gordons book is not complete and no other book else is 100. But this Forums
            are more up to date.
            Mikael

Comment

Ailsby,s books are woefully short on makers numbers.

Authors only present info available at the time

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X