EK2 unmarked '137' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 unmarked '137' ?

Hi chaps , can you tell me if this is an unmarked '137' as i am looking too sell it on the Estand & would like to know it's true maker
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mark:
        One of the difficulties with unmarked crosses . .... the frame and core on that one were made by S&L . For me it is a 3rd frame and 2nd core S&L .

Douglas

Comment

Hi Mark,

This one is a tough one for me too. There are so many makers whose crosses were made i.m.o. with parts struck from dies supplied by S&L, and the differences between these are very subtle. Without a mark, they are hard to tell apart. Some of these makers are e.g. 16, 44, 66, 76, 137, etc. etc. There are a lot.

These crosses are all called the "standard design."

Until George Stimson and Dietrich Maerz come out with their masterwork on EK2s, I think separating these types will be an uphill slog.

So I would call your cross a "standard design." But I do think it might be possible to put a maker's name to it... it would just require a lot of hard work comparing it against all the marked examples of various crosses that are not the "easy ones" (2, 3, 6, 7, 11, 14, 23, 24, 27, 60, 75, 86, 98, 100, etc. etc.).
          Best regards,
          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Douglas & Trevor , appreciate your help with this cross .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X