Questions about two Iron Crosses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about two Iron Crosses

I picked up two Iron Crosses this weekend, an E.K. 1 from the widow of a veteran and an E.K. II. My questions are:

1) The E.K. 1 is unmarked. Has the maker of this cross been identified? If so, I would like to know what it is.

2) I am not sure about the originality of the E.K. II. It has a really nice look, but it is one piece. As you can see, it has a nice patina. Is it a hunk of junk or an unusual variant?

Barry
    Attached Files

--
    Attached Files

Comment

---
      Attached Files

Comment

----
        Attached Files

Comment

I'd hazard a guess at Steinhauer & Luck (Maker 4) for the EK1, and fake for the EK2.

best
          Hank
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Cummings View Post
            I'd hazard a guess at Steinhauer & Luck (Maker 4) for the EK1, and fake for the EK2.
            best
            Hank
            Just because this one recently was posted for sale on the eStand, I wanted to comment that I think better photos are needed to authenticate it beyond any doubt. If it is good, I suspect the tip of the pin is broken off.

Is the core magnetic? Can you get good daylight photos of the front and back? Also a shot of the pin not in the catch would help.
            Last edited by streptile; 06-16-2011, 10:09 AM.
            Best regards,
            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Yes, the core is magnetic and after examining the pin, you're right, the tip is broken off. Here are several photos that will clear up any doubts.

Barry
              Attached Files

Comment

--
                Attached Files

Comment

---
                  Attached Files

Comment

-----
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi there,

Very nice new photos -- I agree with Hank, a good wartime S&L with typical catch and slightly broken pin-tip.

Thank you for posting.
                      Best regards,
                      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                      X