New member needs help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member needs help...

Hello, I am new to this forum... and like most new members we are clueless... so I was told by the people I hang out with on another forum to get the opinion of you guys here. SO... here I am... first because I am new here I may not know the exact etiquette, so I apologize now for being incorrect.

I have a relic that I need identified and valued... if I am in the wrong place I apologize again... to make it quick we have been discussing my relic on another forum and I'll put the link here for you to view. Thank you for taking the time to read this and the other forum. I'll check back for comments.

Chukers

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.p...695#msg2850695

Ek

In order to for the experts to tell you if the EKII is real and who made it you will need to post clear pictures of the front and back. The same goes for the Close Combat award and then post it on "Heer/SS Qualifiction section". To post pictures you need to be an Associate Member (paying membership). Jim

Comment

Your EK2 is authentic. It's hard to judge based on the photos, but it may be by maker 27, Maria Schenkl. It is in essentially relic condition and may get about $50 - $60. If I were you I would add a drop of gun oil to the black center (what's called the "core") and spread it around with a Q-Tip, to control the rust.

Welcome to the forum. Post your Peekhaus CCC (which also looks original) in this subforum for opinion.
      Best regards,
      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by CMSgt View Post
        In order to for the experts to tell you if the EKII is real and who made it you will need to post clear pictures of the front and back. The same goes for the Close Combat award and then post it on "Heer/SS Qualifiction section". To post pictures you need to be an Associate Member (paying membership). Jim
        See I didn't know.. I'm sorry if I did something wrong.

Chukers

Comment

Originally posted by chukers View Post

Chukers
          Welcome to the forum!
          You didn't do anything wrong!
          You may post links as you have done, but some members are not willing to take the time to view them. There are very many "What is it, and what's it worth" posts here. You may also use a photo hosting site and post links to them, although many feel that it is worth the $25. a year for membership due to the fact that reference photos that are posted are often not available after a while. Some are more willing to help than others and if you wait, you will find that there will probably be more responses. Also as stated, post this here http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...splay.php?f=25 for a response on the CCC.
          I believe you have a good EK II and a good close combat clasp here, what you do with them from here is up to you.
          Good luck,
          Ralph.

Comment

Help

Originally posted by chukers View Post

Chukers
            Chuckers, I didn't mean to come across wrong, I was just trying to give you information that would help you. Jim

Comment

Originally posted by CMSgt View Post
              Chuckers, I didn't mean to come across wrong, I was just trying to give you information that would help you. Jim

Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by rbminis View Post
                Welcome to the forum!

I believe you have a good EK II and a good close combat clasp here, what you do with them from here is up to you.
                Good luck,
                Ralph.

That is exactly why I am here... It's not my field of interest... I have too many of those already that why I join here... to find out what I have and what I can do with it... I'd much rather see it in someone's hands that can really appreciate it.

Chukers

Comment

Welcome to the forum and show us everything

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X