OAKLEAVES and SWORDS to RK, Correct??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OAKLEAVES and SWORDS to RK, Correct??

Here is a Oakleaves and Swords that I received in a grouping with other Medals,Etc. I definately have my doubts but know very little about these since I am a Dagger geek at heart! Help! ANY info would be great! Thanks in advance..Kevin.
    Attached Files

Back....
    Attached Files

Comment

Last of BACK...
      Attached Files

Comment

Postwar (WAY postwar, in fact) Souval copy.

Comment

Nasty. -Ger

Comment

Oaks with swords

Not even close to a real set. They are really bad. Smitty.

Comment

Poor cast copy. You can see the casting seem at the edge of the swords.

/Flemming

Comment

terrible one.maybe even bad for a copy

Comment

YUK...
                  Seiler.

Comment

Mike

Comment

Mein Gott

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
                        Postwar (WAY postwar, in fact) Souval copy.
                        I have to disagree 'Souval' copies are much better kwalitee.

One silly question what is the asking price for this fishing sinker!

Comment

Actually, Souval produced in varying quality, with early examples (in this same, incorrect, pattern) being very nicely die-struck (and some in real silver), but their last sets being pure crap, like this one. You can see a similar (although not quite as extreme) degradation in the quality in their RK's. Souval's design was also copied by others, though, and "fakes of a fake" certainly do exist. The only reason I feel pretty confident that this is one of their very last sets is because a friend got several that looked just like this directly from them right before they stopped. Some copies of their earlier work actually do look better than this one!

Comment

THANKS guys! I thought it must be fake! I paid very little for this,really nothing because I received it in a group of medals that had some nice pieces in it that were worth the asking price. Good thing!! Kevin.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X