Important info/update ....... please read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Important info/update ....... please read

As the first one to say "know what you buy", I have to give a mea culpa here, and also to highlight the right attitude of a certain dealer.

Step 1:
    Last April, on Detlev Niemann'update, like some of you, I bought a cartonage case for an EK 1, 1939 , maker mark "Mayer". I bought it as I thought it was good, but in fact, I had nothing to compare to.

Step 2:
    This morning I receive an email from Detlev saying:
    "Good morning.
    I'm very sorry to tell you that the outer cartonage for the IC 1st class
    1939 we have sold to you in April turned out to be a modern high quality
    reproduktion.
    Therefor we would like to inform you about this.
    Also the payd amount has been fully recredited to your creditcard a few
    minutes ago.
    Please keep the case as a souvenier,present or burn it or throw it away.
    Sorry
    yours
    detlev"
    Please that I have asked Detlev before quoting him, and that I post a private correspondance he only to help members.

Step 3 and most important:
    I attach a pic of the catonage case in question for EVERYBODY not to make the same mistake that I did. Please, save the pic as we will probably see more in a close future.

François
    PS: hopefully for me, it was Detlev, because I didn't see it.
    Again, when you buy, know where you put your money on as you will not alway find a Detlev to correct YOUR mistake
    Last edited by François SAEZ; 08-31-2008, 05:12 AM.
    Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

carboard cases

Hello,

Thanks for the info update and the honest information => regarding this matter please see also the previous threads regarding this :

EK I outer Carton, Original ??? => written by John.M.Donovan

ek Cardboard cases +> written by myself

it is possible that you may have to search a few pages back i believe

Friendly
    my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

How does one distinguish this very good reproduction catonage case from an original? Can someone please if they have time post a picture of a known original? Does it blacklight and should original glow under light?
      Thanks in advance

My questions were answered in the previous thread. I didn’t see David’s post until after I made mine.

Here is the link to the previous thread:

http://216.40.238.215/~admin1/forums...&threadid=6806

Dez
      Last edited by Dez H; 05-16-2002, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Francois,
        I have seen these outer cartons for sale for a while, and almost every dealer has had them, I have had always suspected that they were fakes.I am also glad to see that Detlev, lives up to his reputation as being a man of honour, which no else in the trade would have done what he did.!!

Comment

Are these the outer cartonage that were missing from the load of mint "26" marked crosses found in Russia? No one could explain why they were not in the cardboard cases......huummmm!

Just kidding boys

John
          Regards,
          Dave

Comment

Hello there,

I bought one of these to go with the lovely cased IK 1 i bought from Stijn

Needless to say i have contacted Detlev to arrange a refund , and yes Detlev i am going to rip it up and throw it into the bin !

Nice to see a dealer going to such lengths to keep his customers happy .

Grant

Comment

Perhaps.....

......instead of destruction, one of you may choose to relent and let us use these FAKES for our exchange program.

--------------------

Bruce

Comment

I agree

I agree. Don't destroy them. Someone send one to me if you don't want it. I'll use it as a placeholder (and a reference) until I (if ever) locate a real one.
                -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X