EK1 screwback case advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 screwback case advice

Attached are some photos of an EK1 screwback case. I'm not sure if it is real and would appreciate some opinions. To me all looks good, the white upper lining is heavily stained from something. The real kicker is that all white parts glow under blacklight...did someone try to clean it?? Thank you for your input!

pic1

Last edited by Demianthedog; 03-12-2006, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I can't clearly judge it from the picutures and there are far more experienced box owners than I'll be for a long time.

My first impression is I'm not keen on it, the reasons being just from these pic's the outer paper covererage and joining folds.

The catch has more of an 'apex' as opposed to more of a dome look, it appears that the inner lining and slip joining the lid and base are of the same material ?

And a couple more more less educated pointers as well. Is it possible to take a clearer picture of the outside of the box, namely the covering and have you tried to lift up the base at all, this will be a determining factor in the originality overall I'm afraid, I don't like to suggest people do this.......but sometimes you have too

The back of the catch under the base is also a give away on modern copies.

You're best off letting the more experienced guys take a look first before you embark on last resort 'base lifting'. Please wait for the more informed to answer.

Kind regards,

Marcus
          Last edited by MH184; 03-23-2004, 01:58 AM.

Comment

To me it looks as if someone has tried to “age’ the top lining in an attempt to prevent it from glowing under the light. The weaving of the fabric still looks like a modern case. <O</O

Comment

Have to agree with Marcus and Dez, white top looks deliberately aged, catch and push button looks to new, and 'age' of material of the bottom of the case, especially white paper surround looks to new.

Allan
              Looking for information on RKT KARL HUBER
              Stoßtruppführer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X