Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 cloth

Hi Guys

Could I get some opinions on this one please. I rather like it hope you do too.

Best

Patrick
    Attached Files

anyone got any experience with these?

Comment

Hi Patrick,

This looks to be identical to the one I sold on the e-stand/bazarr section awhile ago. It in fact might be the same one. I wil need to check my photo archives to be sure. Mine was purchased inthe 80s, as an original piece, from Maj Charlie Snyder.

Where did you get this?

Gary B
      ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Thanks Gary please let me know if it is the same one- I got this from an auction with a load of items- both real and fake

Comment

Patrick,

Not the exact same cross I sold but I believe from the same manufacturer. Scans attached.

Gary B
          Attached Files

Comment

Certainly appears to be identical in construction - how come it was condemned as bad?

Comment

Patrick,

Besides the "source" of the purchase, the patch glowed under UV light. It also did not conform to other known examples.

Gary B

Comment

Honestly I don't think anyone is capable of making a firm determination on these. The criteria are lacking.

Of course, if it's not UV-neg, then it's bad.
                Best regards,
                Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Hello there,

I am one who does not believe in cloth EK's produced in this manner.

William Kramer
                  Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

one could have been washed, but if this specimen also glow than it's more likely to be bad.

Comment

IMO I feel the UV test isn't always reliable ( if an item has been cleaned or come in contact with chemicals, it can lead to false readings ) not saying its the case with this item, but one has to be careful when relying on such a test...

Comment

Hi,

Kent and others are correct. The UV test is just one indicator of a piece's originality; the results of which should be weighed against many other factors before a final decision is rendered.

Gary B

Comment

Interesting discussion- thanks guys. I have just UV tested mine and only some white threads in the stitching visible on the rear glow- rest is UV dead. I am also of the opinion that UV is only an indicator as some materials used in tabs and cloth late war did glow- I had a bullion pilot badge that had glowing threads in the stitching and was no doubt real.

I assume the only real construction difference here is that the cross frame is dark rather than stitched silver bullion? any others out there similar to this one?

thanks

Patrick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X