Clear All

L/52 KVK1 Tomback, Silver & Zinc

some more to share...

L/52 Pinback Tomback - marked "L/52"
    L/52 Pinback Silver - marked "L/52" + "900"
    L/52 Screwback Silver - marked "L/52" + "900"
    L/52 Pinback Zinc - marked "L/52"
    L/52 Screwback Zinc - marked "L/52"

I don't know if there is much KVK collectors hiving interest in those but this group was not easy to set together
    (I am still looking for zink ones with full finish)

Michael
    Attached Files

mm
    Attached Files

Comment

Wooow

I did know the silver ones where out there but never seen one, not even a picture really a nice collection, thanks for showing...

Nicolai

Comment

Originally posted by wvdparis2 View Post
        I don't know if there is much KVK collectors hiving interest in those but this group was not easy to set together
        absolutely true !! my congratulations, great job !!

Comment

any story about the silver ones? I can't say that it looks like silver on the pics really.

Comment

thanks for comments...

sorry no story about the crosses, the 2 silver ones have been found in a very different time line and different origine, not together...

All the crosses are from the same die. In hand the silver marked crosses have a very different color than the tombak one.
            I didn't tested it but I have no reason to think the silver stamp lies

michael
            Attached Files

Comment

The details are weaker on the right one, other than that they look the same. I guess you could determine it by weighing them. If you check the denisty for buntmetall and silver, then compare the weights. I assume the weight should be different. And a true silver cross would be near mint if polished, I don't recommend that you do that though.

Comment

Originally posted by schönbeck View Post
                The details are weaker on the right one, other than that they look the same. I guess you could determine it by weighing them. If you check the denisty for buntmetall and silver, then compare the weights. I assume the weight should be different. And a true silver cross would be near mint if polished, I don't recommend that you do that though.

I think some of the details of the "silver" could have been lost because of much polishing of the wreath...
                I already weight them w/o significantly result (I have a poor kitchen scales)
                zinc : 18 g
                tomback : 19g
                silver : 20 g

As told the cross has been cleaned & partially polished from former owner. If polished or used, on a tomback you usually can see the "Pink/orange" color of the metal (like the other one). I tried heavily polishing an edge, "silver" seems to be the real color of the cross (no plating).
                Maybe I should find a way to show it to a Jeweler to confirm but if not real silver I will be puzzled

some more pics (the "silver" one is the right one)
                Attached Files
                Last edited by wvdparis2; 04-24-2010, 06:50 AM.

Comment

detail of the finish lost of the tombak one (much significative on the real life)...
                  Attached Files

Comment

the jewellers can easy tell.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X