Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

two new ek2's help with one please

I just got these two ek2's .
    The one on the left is marked 100 and looks fine to me but the other one is a bit odd looking and im not sure if its good or not. First off it looks to be a one piece construction there is no seem line at all and it is also non magnetic . the ring looks odd also ans as does the ribbon . can anyone tell me if its good or a fake ? please

Comment

Comment

Does anyone have any ideas if the cross is a good one or a possible maker . Like i said it is one piece construction and non magnetic . This is the only one i have like this so i really cant tell

Comment

Take that cross and drag a corner of it across a piece of white paper. If it leaves a line like a pencil then its tintype slag or another cruddy metal. If it doesn't leave a line then at least you know its not a cheap fake and can move on to other methods...

Comment

Looks simular to a cross we just had posted here a week or two ago , ..those inside groved -outside corner tips ???

Douglas

Comment

It does leave a line so I take it its a fake. The mm 100 looks Good correct

Comment

can someone give me a link to the other cross that looked similar that was posted please

Comment

Hello I am the seller.I had both of these checked on the forum. Both of them checked out to be original.They are a few pages back. Not sure how to show the link. Best regards.

Comment

hello dave can u send me the link please

Comment

i have looked at the link that Dave posted prior where forum members said the un marked non magnetic one piece cross looks to be a good original and now as i have it posted it has seemed someone is stating it is no good. Is there something wrong with this cross or is it good. Please can someone help with the clarification is it good or is it bad

Comment

Originally posted by maurice2396 View Post
                        i have looked at the link that Dave posted prior where forum members said the un marked non magnetic one piece cross looks to be a good original and now as i have it posted it has seemed someone is stating it is no good. Is there something wrong with this cross or is it good. Please can someone help with the clarification is it good or is it bad
                        I was one of the members who replied to David's original post and thought from the angle of the photo provided the cross looked like an original '75'. It wasn't mentioned the cross was one piece and both I and another member also asked for better photos to be sure, which weren't posted.
                        In view of the better photos posted by Maurice it now looks like this cross is in fact a one piece fake.

Comment

Hi I sold these on craigslist believeing that they were original.I did not know one was a fake.Thank you.
                          Last edited by David Guist; 04-22-2010, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by David Guist View Post
                            I sold these on craigslist believeing that they were original.I did not know one was a fake.
                            Hi David.

That is perfectly clear from your posts .

A misunderstanding -- happens all the time.
                            Best regards,
                            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Adrian
                              Thanks for the clearifaction on the cross I question much appreciated.
                              And thanks for the help getting this cleared up David much appreciated

Regards
                              Maurice

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X