Who Made a Flat Style EK1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Made a Flat Style EK1?

Can someone please tell me the maker or makers of the “flat” style 1939 EK1, either by name or number? Also, if possible maybe a couple of examples of this style of cross could be posted?

Thanks in advance,
    John

John,

what do you exactly mean by "flat" style. An EK1 that is Not vaulted. Most EK1 were not vaulted. Or do I misunderstand you?

Dietrich
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich
      what do you exactly mean by "flat" style. An EK1 that is Not vaulted. Most EK1 were not vaulted. Or do I misunderstand you? Dietrich
      Dietrich:

Yes, one that is not vaulted. Cool... I just found this example of a Zimmermann on Detlev's web-site. Any other makers then the aforementioned?

John
      Attached Files

Comment

John,

nearly all of them: Deschler, Deumer, Zimmermann, Meybauer, Hoffstaetter, Souval, K&Q, ....
        The official version was non-vaulted.So most of the crosses posted in this section are like this.

Dietrich
        B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Dietrich:

Thank you! Was vaulting done by the maker or by the owner and what was the propose of this...functional or aesthetics?

John

Comment

John,

before regulations kicked in those were made 'officially'. I guess it was reminiscent of the Great War where this was more common. Those OEM crosses are fairly rare. However, the owner could bend a flat to make it slightly vaulted. You can spot that by looking at a possible bending line on the rear of the arms or at the front when the center beading lifts up near the swastika.

Dietrich
            B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X