Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People Awarded the EK I & II

Hi,

How would one verify if an individual received the Iron Cross in WWII? I would like to know if Luftwaffe Generalleutnant Eduard Ritter von Schleich received either one during WWII. I don't see it in the list I have of his awards, but could it have been over-looked? Would I be right to believe that a person who received the Iron Cross in both wars would wear a spange device on his ribbon? Any assistance and direction in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Darren

You'll just have to get searching on the net, or get some more books! Usually you can find award lists for people and von Schleich was quite famous in WW1 wasn't he? There's bound to be some relevant info somewhere on the web.

Best wishes,

Sara

Comment

Hi Sara,

Yes, he is a very famous WWI aviator. I have several listings of his awards, but most tend to focus on his awards from the First World War. You are right, I will have to buy many more books before I have a good footing in this area of study. My favorite topic to study is WWI aviation, in particular, the German Air Service and Eduard Ritter von Schleich.

regards,

Darren

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X