Flawed-frame Juncker EKII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flawed-frame Juncker EKII

Just in is this 'flawed-frame' Juncker with the KC-style dates. The frame is quite different when compared side-by-side to the typical 3-flaw Juncker frame so often encountered. All opinions and concerns appreciated.
    Attached Files

rev
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful cross.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Always good to see a nice Juncker like this, thanks to share it Robert.

Comment

I'm a rather novice when it comes to crosses so I'm learning every minute attending this forum. Thanks for the lesson Robert!

Comment

Interesting and unusual cross Robert, cool stuff to share
                thanks!
                Stefano

Comment

Nice one Robert.

I did a side-by-side with mine of the same type, and added an arrow to show the long raised beading flaw on the 7 o'clock beading strand that gives this frame the appellation "flawed frame."

I guess this one is made by Juncker, and everyone I've spoken to about it tends to agree. But it is basically an unproven assumption at this point based on design similarities and construction techniques.

By the way, I find this one to be one of the two finest-made 1939 EK2s I've ever seen. The other is a breathtaking unmarked early Brehmer '13,' which is just a stunner. But this one is solid, heavy, beautiful.
                  Attached Files
                  Best regards,
                  Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Oooh, that montage came out big.
                    Best regards,
                    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

another beauty Robert & great montage Trevor

Comment

Thanks everyone. Thank you for the montage, Trevor. Cross-hatching , jumpring lug, Juncker KC-style numbers have me believing it's a Juncker. Although, it's cross-hatching is different than the 3-flaw frame, and the scrunched bead at 2:00 adjacent the swasi is absent. It's frame die certainly had a major breakage to produce such a large flaw in the 6:00 arm. There seems to be a lot of beading missing on the lower left side of the 6:00 arm; do you suppose an improper fitting trimmer was used?

Comment

Here is one that I have, but the core dates differ. The flaw is from top to bottom of the 6 o'clock arm.

Bob Hritz
                          Attached Files
                          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Detail
                            Attached Files
                            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Thank you, Bob. Yes, my flaw line begins pretty close to the top of the 6:00 arm as well. Unique jumpring on yours.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X