Knights Cross Opinions Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the e-Stand rules:

"c) Links to auctions (e-bay, epier) are permissible only if a prominent link is displayed back to dev.wehrmacht-awards.com or www.wehrmacht-association.com on the auction."

In the above (now deleted) case, there was no link back to this web site.
    George

Comment

Hi,

I have one of the earliest soval ones, british soilder brought it back in 1949 but it has a real ribbon and suspender
      Merdock

Comment

Did Souval ever make any other crosses (EK1's or 2's) during the war, or did they only make badges?

Best wishes,

Sara

Comment

Sara

Souval made both the EK1 and EK2 during the war. The EK1 has very recognisable ribbing on the outer corners. I don't have a pic but I'm sure someone can post one for you.

Rich
          Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
          Decorations of Germany

Comment

Thank you Richard, but there's relly no need for anyone to go to any trouble because I've seen photos of the pointy outer corner beading, it is extremely distinctive.

I asked because I saw a Souval EK1 lately and I wasn't sure if it was ok or not. One more question: with Souval badges you can usually tell by the catch if it's pre or post war. Are there any similar pointers with EK's?

Best wishes,

Sara

Comment

Postwar Souval EK 1s very often have a distinctly postwar (i.e., much narrower than wartime) pin. Also, they're often marked "L/58."
              George

Comment

Thank you George

Best wishes,

Sara

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X