No announcement yet.

Rk ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i believe its not a fake. the seller pointed out that the cross,and case are
    real and the ribbon is post war. why have doubts

Comment

Originally posted by speedytop View Post
      Hi Ischak,

why it is a fake?

Uwe
      I am curious to know his reasons as well, as this one certainly looks good to me.
      Best regards,
      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Not a fake at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ischak View Post
          In my country (as in most post third reich states) are time to time founded. My friend found one. Marked L/12 and 800 last year (if I remember it well). Without ribbon...They are selling EKs for exaplme for 10 eur etc.. cause they do not like nazi items and have no idea what is real value

I think what Anubisz was saying is that no dealer will sell you an original Knight's Cross for that price. I'll go a step further and say that if you do find one from a dealer for that much below the market price, there is a very good chance that it has "problems".

Be careful, the only thing worse than not ownig an RK is getting burned with a fake,

Best,
          Skip
          Last edited by Skipper Greenwade; 01-10-2010, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skipper Greenwade View Post
            I think what Anubisz was saying is that no dealer will sell you an original Knight's Cross for that price. I'll go a step further and say that if you do find one from a dealer for that much below the market price, there is a very good chance that it has "problems".

Be careful, the only thing worse than not ownnig an RK is getting burned with a fake,

Best,
            Skip
            Thank you for advice. This seller should be announced as fake seller. He got militaria web. So some ppl can buy before asking on WAF..!

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
              Not a fake at all.
              Per definition there can't be a fake of a 57 Knights Cross. there never was an offcial awarded cross but rather just a description how it was to look. All so called 57 versions of all permitted orders and medal are 'real'. You have eraly and late, but not "real" and "fake". Just not possible.
              B&D PUBLISHING
              Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Let's put it this way: This is a piece produced by a company which was involved with original production of this decoration in 1957.

Comment

B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
                    Per definition there can't be a fake of a 57 Knights Cross. there never was an offcial awarded cross but rather just a description how it was to look. All so called 57 versions of all permitted orders and medal are 'real'. You have eraly and late, but not "real" and "fake". Just not possible.
                    It's an old an endless discussion. I certainly understand your position, Dietrich. But there are companies that currently make RKs with both swastika cores and 1957 (2. Form) cores. Different cores, same frame, same loop, same stamps, made yesterday. I call both these crosses fakes. I respect your decision to consider the 1957 models "real," and I understand the logic behind your decision. But to me, they are not, really, "real."
                    Best regards,
                    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Trevor,

I certainly understand that, too and would basically say the same. But in the scholary sense of things it is just not correct. But again, that is academical.

Dietrich
                      B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X