No announcement yet.

newly acquired ek2 from Muenchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you know the maker of the EKII? The dies look VERY worn. I have not seen beading this bad, except perhaps on a Meybauer.

Robert

Comment

Sorry, I should have mentioned it in my post above. The EK2 is the same Meybauer piece that strated this thread. The RK is a Juncker Dot.

Originally posted by Robert P. View Post
      Do you know the maker of the EKII? The dies look VERY worn. I have not seen beading this bad, except perhaps on a Meybauer.

Robert

Comment

The stamp on the ring. (the same EK2 as above).

Comment

Here's a collated view of the Meybauer EK2 (12 o'clock-Reverse):

Comment

The ribbing on most ek's are very well defined, but since they cranked out thousands of ek's on the same dies these must have worn out in the end.

The procedure of cutting the dies was the same.

Comment

Rev.-3 o'clock

Comment

Rev-6 o'clock

Comment

Rev-9 o'clock

Comment

Perforations

This is where the frame meets the core. The jagged patterns look to be perforation markings.

Comment

This Meybauer's frame/beading is still in pretty good condition. It's an early unmarked example with a type A core...

Robert
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sdesember View Post
                        A comparison shot between an RK (left) and an EK2 (right) from one of the corners. Notice the very deep groove in between the beadings of the RK. It's as if the beadings of the RK are made individually whereas on the EK, they are just a blur of globs. What a difference!

Hy Sdecember and Robert

silver and bunt metal have a different manufacturing quality .
                        its what you see...

a tip ,,,wile playing with magnification options

if you check frame's / beading for wear and damage signs ,,,,
                        there is a chance you can find crosses with beading damage on one side ,,
                        and lesser damage ( or non at all ) on the other side .

(or two complete 2 different frame on 1 cross .)

telling you a lot about wear, time, storage and manufacturing .

good luck with the research and playing

regards monty

Comment

Last edited by Montgomery Burns; 11-24-2013, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Obv.-12 o'clock

What do you guys think of the metal sheet cutter they used to cut the inside metal sheet inside the frame? The one with the saw-head type? I was thinking about how the jagged perforations was done where the beadings meet the core.

Comment

I'm not familiar with this process, but looking at this Juncker it becomes very obvious that they didn't put too much planning into this stage of the game...

Robert
                              Attached Files

Comment

I see excess metal underneath the beadings on the 12 o'clock of your Juncker EK1. And, some gaps around the core fittings.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X