Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning the EK, who can tell???

Hey you guys.
    My point in this thread is to tell "who can really see, that the EK has been cleaned at the dealer before they get to your collection?"

Now I can tell, no one can.... please take a look at this first thread and take a good look at the cross in the middle....
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=362389

Then please take a look at this thread.
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=361254

My point is, If you only clean up the dirt, not the tarnish or rust you will get a nicer cross that would be easyier to sell.

OR we could put it in another way.... Buy a new car, ride it for 10 years while you dont clean it or wash it... what do you think will happen then you are trying to sell it "with all that patina on it?"

Regards Thomas Hansen.
    Best regards Thomas.

WWW.CROWMOOR.DK

we could put it in another way.... Buy a new car, ride it for 10 years while you dont clean it or wash it... what do you think will happen then you are trying to sell it "with all that patina on it?"
    you cant compare a car with a piece of history from second world war.
    As on the thread said someone, is your cross and you can do all you want with it of course.

I only clean the badges, and not all, only the medals and badges who have some corrosion and residual moisture, with a little Ear swab and with vaseline to keep it from humidity of my home.

Comment

Originally posted by javi_e View Post
      you cant compare a car with a piece of history from second world war.
      As on the thread said someone, is your cross and you can do all you want with it of course.

I only clean the badges, and not all, only the medals and badges who have some corrosion and residual moisture, with a little Ear swab and with vaseline to keep it from humidity of my home.
      I agree. I do NOT clean all my medals, not at all.
      Just the dirty ones....
      Best regards Thomas.

WWW.CROWMOOR.DK

Comment

please do not offend, just only my opinion. i never touch the eks cores, and NEVER clean them with water.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X