Couple of new crosses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Stefano,
    The die flaws are a common feature on J.E. Hammer EKs. Here is mine to compare to.....
    Attached Files

Comment

Reverse.....
      Attached Files

Comment

Yes,

consider yourself very fortunate to have a '55' with little flaws. Here's one of my '55's...
        Attached Files

Comment

rev
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Robert, at least for this time it was on my side...
            I can only guess these flaws on the frame were a conseguence of the die machinery getting old or damaged by the current use, is this a possible explanation?
            In this case, can i consider the EK II with such clear details as a late productions? I understood this characteristic was eventually "common" on the J.E. Hammer & Sohne production, any other makers suffered such evident flaws?
            Thanks a lot,
            Stefano

Comment

Originally posted by HuD View Post
              Thanks Robert, at least for this time it was on my side...
              I can only guess these flaws on the frame were a conseguence of the die machinery getting old or damaged by the current use, is this a possible explanation?
              In this case, can i consider the EK II with such clear details as a late productions? I understood this characteristic was eventually "common" on the J.E. Hammer & Sohne production, any other makers suffered such evident flaws?
              Thanks a lot,
              Stefano
              Yes,

The flaws grew worse with time due to die deterioration. I would think the worse the flaws the later their production.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X