Cloth EK,s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloth EK,s

How common was the cloth variation of the Iron Cross? Does anyone have a picture of the cloth type ,they might show us?.

Thanks...don
    Yes,I collect wound badges.....And looking for more.
    Resistance is Futile

come on ,someone out there knows something about the cloth Ek,s.
    Thank you for your time
    don
    Resistance is Futile

Comment

Dear Don,

We discussed this some time ago and I produced in some thread a cloth EK I have in my collection since 1979 which Prosper identified as a London made fake, made by a guy he knew. Actually, that´s also the city where I bought it.

Detlev shows an obviously original cloth EK1 in his price guide. Originals are VERY rare.

I have a picture here of my father who wears a cloth EK1 in this picture. Unfortunately, it got dumped after the war was over, so all that is left is this photograph. Not very clear but it shows that there must have been a wide variety as this EK1 is totally different from the one that Detlev shows. This one has a small "silver" rim, while Detlev´s has a much wider one:

Cheers, Frank
      Cheers, Frank

Comment

The coveted cloth

Don, The Iron Time, by Previtera has a couple of good pics of the cloth EKI. Kai Winkler had one for sale about 6 months go and he was kind enough to e mail me a pic of it. It appears with the cloth EKI if you snooze you loose. I looked at it too long and somebody smarter than me bought it. His site is down now but if you contact him he might be able to accommodate you. Be aware there are fakes of this item, just like everything else. Frank, great pic of your dad. Best, Sonny

Comment

Frank and Sonny
          Thanks for the information.Great picture of your dad Frank.So if anyone out there can tell me more about the cloth variation let me know.

don
          Resistance is Futile

Comment

Hi all,

Below are links to pictures of a cloth version of a ww1 first class iron cross. These are indeed extremely difficult to find.

Picture of front:
            http://johnnyg.westhost.com/cl-1-ic-imp-2-s.jpg

Picture of back:
            http://johnnyg.westhost.com/cl-1-ic-imp-b-s.jpg

Thanks - Dave G

Comment

Hi all,

Here are a couple of links to pictures of a ww2 1st class cloth iron cross:

Picture of front:
              http://johnnyg.westhost.com/bd-ironcross-cloth-s.jpg
              http://johnnyg.westhost.com/bd-ironcross-cloth2-s.jpg

Picture of back:
              http://johnnyg.westhost.com/bd-ironcross-cloth-b-s.jpg

Enjoy - Dave G

Comment

Hello
                and thanks for sharing your pics with us.
                Frank (Munich) : did your father belong one time to the 116. Pz. Div. ? I think to see the Windhund badge ofn his Schirmmütze a.A. Am I right ?
                Regards
                Denis

Comment

Dear Denis,

Yes, you are right, this is the windhund of the 116.th
                  We discussed this cap some time ago in the uniform forum here, but nobody really could contribute anything about these rare caps with the windhund. Although we got to hear a great story about the dog itself in the thread!
                  Do you know more? My father is still alive and guesses that there have not been more than a couple of those, I am still looking for a second one, I have never seen another examplar. Unfortunately, as with the cloth EK on the picture, the cap is lost. But it´s great to still have the father, so who cares

Cheers, Frank
                  Cheers, Frank

Comment

Hi Frank
                    The Windhund badges that I know are in fact a small & metal circular badge. As far as I can see, your father's one is seemingly different from them : I see the Windhund (metal, cloth ?) directly onto the cap.
                    unfortunately, I have none of them in my collection.
                    In which unit of the 116. Pz. Div. (Pz. Gre. Rgt. 156, Pz. A. Abt. 116, ....) was assigned your father ?
                    Regards
                    Denis

Comment

Dear Denis,

You are again right, the windhund is cloth and it wasn´t even attached to the green rim it was woven into the rim. My father was a Panzergrenadier Leutnant in the 116th.

Cheers, Frank
                      Cheers, Frank

Comment

Cloth/Bullion EKI

Here is a pic of the bullionor silver wire EKI on my panzer wrapper for a general.

Ahhhhhhh can't remember how to post pics. Dangit. I'll figure it out.
                        Last edited by STUPA216; 03-22-2002, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X