Antti

Comment

Here you go ...
        Attached Files
        B&D PUBLISHING
        Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Great graph D

You can really see where the more common makers fall from this. Availability to the market OR collector's choice?

Comment

I don't think it's collectors choice. The data numbers are fairly big - so I think it's a good approximation to production numbers. Ofcourse one has to add cased and uncased to make an overall determination for each maker.

The numbers are a bit scewed, I think, since selling form one member to another will result in double nominations and those will especially exaggerate the 'common' crosses sinced those are traded more.

But all in all a good tool and the only one availabel on the net. This has to do with the number of serious and active members here - only then is something like this possible. How could you do it otherwise?
            B&D PUBLISHING
            Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Stats

Very interesting indeed regards 'Distribution and Rarety ' !

It also shows both 'extrems' as well ;
              Looking at the chart can one assume that ;

25 \
              55 -- EK 1,s were only issued without case ?
              L14 /

AND :

23 \
              107 -- EK 1's were all originaly issued with a case and some award cases
              L/57 / over time were lost ?

One other surprizing fact , at least for me is, that is not noticeable from looking at the chart in this layout is :

The average ratio of -cased to uncased- EK 1's is almost exactly even - 1:1 !
              From all the tallied EK's marked or not ...half come with a case .

I would have thought it to be more like - 2:1 ..... interesting !

Comment

Thank you Dietrich.
                Yep, this is something I have said before, statistics as a whole and it's usefulness has a direct correlation with the people and the number of people who POST their acqusitions.

As for Cased vs Uncased, there is one thing to be taken into account. Collectors, especially collectors who post, value and appreciate CASED item above uncased ones even though they cost more money. That is the chief explanation to the seemingly high ratio of cased items versus uncased ones. In reality cased EKs are naturally more rare.
                Antti

Comment

Antti;
                  So generally speaking these statistics are quit acurate for distribution and rarety , but for cased -uncased ratio , due to collector prefferences here, ...
                  very one sided . Any knowledge or guesses as to actual ratio ? 2 to 1 or 3 to 1?
                  Or was every officially awarded EK1 given out in a box, where only so many boxes were kept or survived. With LDO bought awards one had the choice to get it with the box or not ... is that correct ?
                  Douglas

Comment

I wouldn't say very one sided, but one sided, yes.
                    The real ratio during distribution and before the award ceremony was in my understanding very close to 1:1. But the real kicker is how did that ratio change during the awarding and after it, through world war and a postwar era when most germans weren't too happy about their recent past? Some threw away the packets, cardboards and cases right after the awarding. Perhaps the majority were sent home for safekeeping in their homes. The ones we see now are the fragments of either those or the ones that never left the manufacturers storage, except as souvenieres for the allied soldiers. How many cases survived meant eradication and the effects of time? I don't know. And at the moment I'm too tired to make an educated guess.

I know that when finnish ss volunteers went to buy double awards from german stores, they were always cased, even if the cases weren't exactly a match.
                    Antti

Comment

what happens to the stats if a cross is sold from one member to another and entered into the stats 2 or 6 x ,it could flaw the whole thing ,chay

Comment

Members do keep track of that factor and I have repeatedly informed the membership not to double post. Other then that it's out of my hands. Every single member that posts keep the stats going and can screw them up just as well. So as they say, you get what you order.
                        Antti

Comment

Thanks very much Antti ;
                          This answers alot for me .
                          Your Call-name should be Blitz-RAM or Giga-Blitz .
                          Regards, Douglas

Comment

You're welcome.
                            Antti

Comment

Cased Unmarked 6

Comment

Thanks mate!
                                Antti

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 33 users online. 0 members and 33 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X